Job Title: Hygiene Manager
Division: L’Oreal Operations
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Reports To: Quality Director
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity, and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Manager-Level professional to oversee hygiene and consumer safety practices within our color cosmetics manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, as well as maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the production process.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Environmental, Public Health, Food Safety, Microbiology, Engineering, or related discipline. Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of HACCP principles, consumer safety protocols, and industry best practices.
- Ability to influence across cross functional teams.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a diverse team with at least 3-5 years in a supervisory.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey complex hygiene and safety information to various audiences.
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in using relevant hygiene monitoring tools, software, and equipment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic production environment while maintaining high standards of hygiene and consumer safety.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Hygiene Management: Develop, implement, and monitor hygiene and disinfection protocols, procedures, and best practices to ensure a clean and safe working environment in compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards. Contributes to development of validation master plan and strategies. Leads the global hygiene assessment for the plant and recommends strategy to align with the standard.
- Leadership: Leads and manages a hygienist by providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations. Influence a cross functional production team as an extension of the hygiene team.
- Health and Safety Compliance: Stay up to date with health and safety regulations, both internal and external, and ensure that the manufacturing plant operates in full compliance with these standards.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential hygiene and safety risks in the production process and work collaboratively with other departments to implement effective risk mitigation strategies. Oversight of capital projects allocated to hygiene improvements.
- Quality Control: Collaborate closely with Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams to maintain the highest product quality standards by ensuring that hygiene practices do not compromise the integrity of the color cosmetics. Collaborate with cross functional team on critical plant utilities and lead any microbiological trends or nonconformances.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and thorough records of hygiene procedures, cleaning and sanitization work instructions, validations, inspections, audits, and training to support compliance and continuous improvement efforts.
- Training: Develop and conduct hygiene training programs for employees to raise awareness about best practices, health and safety guidelines, and personal hygiene standards. Provide training as SME to production engineers on hygienic design of equipment. Lead (SHEQ) safety, health, environmental, and quality trainings as required.
- Environmental: Responsible for the environmental monitoring program and ensuring the trends are reviewed regularly and actions taken for out of trend results pertaining to the critical systems involving product contact. These systems include but not limited to compressed air, production area air, and RO water system.
- Supplier: Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to ensure that hygiene-related products, equipment, and supplies meet required standards and specifications. Specifically, management of the onsite pest control program including trending and making recommendations as needed. Site point of contact for the pest control program and will serve as internal and external SME.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.
Youtube Video Youtube Video Youtube Video Youtube Video