Who We Are: For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, quality safety, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in quality assurance, preferably within pharmaceuticals or consumer products industry.
- Strong knowledge of quality management systems, regulatory requirements (ISO 9001, ISO 22716, FDA 21 CFR 210 and 211). ISO 17025 is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and precision.
- Good computer skills with proficiency of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- SAP experience is a plus.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance processes and procedures for cosmetics manufacturing.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and internal quality standards.
- Review batch records of finished products for release to market as the responsible quality unit.
- Monitor production processes to identify deviations and non-conformities, providing real-time feedback to production teams.
- Collaborate with production staff to address quality-related issues promptly and effectively.
- Conduct root cause analysis for quality non-conformances, implementing corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Analyze quality data and trends, identifying areas for improvement and taking corrective/preventive actions as necessary.
- Stay updated on relevant regulations, standards, and industry best practices related to color cosmetics manufacturing.
- Ensure all products meet legal and regulatory requirements for quality.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for regulatory submissions and audits.
- Lead Auditor for internal and 3rd party inspections.
- Provide training and guidance to employees on quality assurance procedures, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with internal plant teams to ensure seamless integration of quality processes into daily production activities.
- Mentor junior quality assurance staff, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects to enhance product quality, operational efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and implement initiatives to achieve quality.
General Job Duties
- Manage the onsite equipment calibration program with a 3rd party company.
- Lead auditor for corporate, Internal, and 3rd party audits by providing requested documentation. Ensure CAPAs are initiated, and action plans are implemented for closure.
- Lead the supplier quality program by conducting necessary virtual or onsite audits and issue final reports for corporate, implementing continuous improvement processes with them as it relates to control test certification, trending data for master plan projects, and communication of nonconformances and coordinating action plans with them.
- Manage the quality revalidation process for processing and packaging equipment.
- Lead trainer on QA team for quality training on GMP topics as it relates to site's SHEQ (safety, health, environment, quality) program.
- Actively update documents to ensure compliance to established quality requirements.
- Facilitate the training documentation for new corporate methods and procedures to ensure compliance.
- This position could require up to 20% travel for supplier management or corporate trainings.
What’s In It for You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site because of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.