Responsible for operating a forklift or other powered material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stock merchandise. Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties. Drives electric powered MHE equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials.
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Preferred: 1 year experience in warehouse environment
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly
- The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important
- Familiarity with MHE is required
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must meet OSHA and company requirements for MHE training and certification.
- Obtain L’Oreal forklift certification.
- Close to moderate supervision required for this position
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly. Lift up to 35lbs.
- Bend, twist, stand for up to 8 hours per day. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities:
- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a
- forklift, clamp truck, or other powered equipment
- Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following
- prescribed work methods and OHSA standards
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Report quality variances
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Pick product and collateral materials for assembly/special pack
- production, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded
- accurately into the BOM
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars, trailers or containers
Safety, Housekeeping, Security-
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Comply with OHSA and other applicable standards. Report issues and problems to Management
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained
- Assist in physical inventories
- Ensure proper stock rotation
- Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions
- May help pick pack, light assembly and record storage
- Pick and pack is defined as order picking and/or assembly of products in less than or full case lots
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking, and repacking as needed
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
- Will support and abide by the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.