Who are we?
At L’Oréal, there is never a dull day, the beauty lies in the freedom to go beyond with our empowering entrepreneurial culture. We take pride in developing talents who have the passion and ambition to make an impact in the beauty industry.
As the leading beauty tech company, we are continuing to invest in being at the forefront of the digital revolution, as we further build our Data & Analytics capability in Malaysia & Singapore, offering endless exciting career opportunities.
Join us on our mission to: Create the beauty that moves the world.
In your role, you will turn business challenges into opportunities to create world class data products/statistical modelling solutions to tackle them. You will have a critical role working with our stakeholders to make precision recommendations to the business.
- Explore and choose the algorithms which have best performance
- Develop, train and finetune the model
- Work with ML engineers to support the industrialization
- Responsible for engaging with key stakeholders within the organization, the Delivery Team, Data Engineers, BI Developers, analytics analyst, IT PMO and business to build an exceptional product.
- Working closely with a product owner and effectively captures stakeholder assumptions and translates them into hypothesis driven outcomes.
- Be accountable for the end-to-end results and delivery of your product
- Collaborate with stakeholders on model/product launch communication, training and enablement and ongoing product adoption tactics, where applicable.
- Support and champion, where applicable, ongoing initiatives driving data analytics culture
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance to the project team throughout the project. This includes (but not limited to)
- Knowing which sources of data to explore
- Identifying and communicating the key trends, data limitations
- Support scoping of the business problem out so that the project team can determine the best model/analysis/solution
- Assess reasonability of the data and/or model prior to sharing with the key business stakeholders
- Master or above degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics or an aligned Data/Systems field
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including the following areas:
- Creating analytics models/products and delivering results
- Implementing solutions for business preferably in consumer goods areas with knowledge and understanding of consumer goods data with the knowledge of industry trends
- Professional experience in advanced analytics
- Proficient in Python/R, advanced ML/AI algorithms, SQL, optimization
- Experience with data science frameworks (e.g. Scikit-learn/Pandas etc.) and deep learning frameworks (e.g. Keras/Pytorch etc.)
- Experience with R/Python, advanced AL/AI algorithms, SQL, optimization
- Preferred but not essential: GCP certifications, DAX
- Excellent problem solving skills, communication skills & stakeholder management, with the ability to simplify technical output into business language
- Strong project management experience
- Growth mindset with ability to stay current with solution trends