POSITION: Maintenance Supervisor DEPARTMENT: Warehouse
REPORTS TO: Operations Director LOCATION: Tejon Ranch, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to oversee the maintenance team of approximately 3 people. The maintenance team schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, and overtime as needed, at our Tejon Ranch, California Distribution Center, located at 5337 Wheeler Ridge Rd., Unit A, Arvin, CA 93203.
General responsibilities include project and budget management of site services and repairs, including selection of contractors in bid process, and assigning or performing preventative maintenance on warehouse equipment and facility. This position manages the work of 1-3 maintenance technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a cohesive and effective team within the Maintenance department by managing and developing employees (including performance feedback, coaching and reviews, training & development, hiring, payroll/timekeeping, terminations, and counseling) to achieve high quality results and productivity aligned with SalonCentric’s goals and company values
- Troubleshoot all electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical issues and ensure that unscheduled repairs of equipment are completed with minimal down time by either delegating them to the maintenance technician or performing them
- Ensure that scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment are routinely performed
- Evaluate problems, develop solutions and determine modifications necessary for existing and new equipment to improve the functioning of machinery and the process
- In conjunction with the EHS Manager, oversee the hazardous materials maintenance and cleanup program
- Manage the budget for the maintenance department
- Evaluate and select vendors for repairs, ensuring that projects are completed on time and on budget the first time
- Ensures that all recommend changes from the safety program are executed.
- Establish and manage preventive maintenance program (conveyors, forklifts, key facility equipment)
- Adjust and maintain PLC’s
- Sources and maintains all maintenance inventory
- Ensure that inspections of floor equipment are completed
- Periodically audit general warehouse employee safety compliance through MESUR process
- Being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner for both internal and external customers
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- Associate’s degree in engineering or related field
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have extensive technical knowledge to repair and/or replace and troubleshoot machinery, instrumentation and hard-wired electrical devices in all areas of the distribution center.
- 5+ years experience managing inventory and budgets for a multi-line manufacturing facility or large distribution center.
- Ability to read, interpret and train others on documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write moderately complex reports and correspondence.
- Ability to manage others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must follow all safety rules and ensure that subordinates also comply with wearing protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves), safety vests and personal fall protection equipment.
- Must be certified in DOT transporting of hazardous materials
- Must be certified in RCRA hazardous materials
- Strong electrical experience to include troubleshooting and repairing high voltage equipment, over 480 volts
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic controls
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.