Account Category Manager (Category Management)
Field: Category Management
Purpose of your New Role
Opportunity to join the L’Oreal USA Category of Management Center of Excellence team supporting one of our top categories. You will support our annual strategic and key customer engagement agenda by providing analysis and key recommendations to benefit our categories and top retailers. This is an excellent position for a highly motivated, seasoned strategic team member seeking experience to service our globally recognized portfolio of brands.
Your Key Job Accountabilities
- This role has two main responsibilities. First, present strategic insights internally and to retail customers to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization. Second, serve as advanced analytical support for our field teams - both field team leads and executive headquarter staff (Sales, Marketing, and Category Management).
- Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Serve as Category expert to support our field and executive teams with Selling Stories and new business opportunities.
- Develop category and annual plans that meet channel and brand objectives while following key retailer strategic planning processes.
- Provide retailers with account specific opportunities and action plans that drive retailer/L’Oreal USA priorities.
- Create customized retailer specific selling stories leveraging all available selling materials and enablers provided by HQ.
- Contribute to innovation sell-in by presenting consumer/category story and retailer sku optimization recommendations.
- Analyze and present post-promotion analyses for retailer, quantifying impact to brand and category
The Network you would Work With
- The Category Management organization is an integral department within the L’Oreal USA organization, acting as the conduit between Field Sales, Marketing, Customer Marketing, Consumer/Shopper Insights, and National Sales
Potential next steps with L'Oreal after this role
- Successful candidate should be in the position 2 years or more.
- Possible next steps could include: Category Leadership Role, Sales or Customer Marketing, Cross Divisional or Global opportunities
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
- College degree is required, MBA preferred.
- Professional Experience: 6-10 years CPG experience in Insights/Category Management /Sales Strategy (Beauty Industry preferred).
- High proficiency in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge of Syndicated POS, Household Panel (IRI / Nielsen) and Shopper Card (ex: dunnhumby, Extra Care) platforms.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to link strategies and objectives to tactics
- Strong Project Management skills. Planning/organization skills; ability to make decisions and solve problems; ability to seek out and optimize L’Oreal information sources outside of the team when needed
- Excellent Communication and Listening skills.
- Ideally, candidate should be detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task across all responsibilities. This person must be able to remain even tempered and give clear direction under pressure.
- Teamwork is essential in this role as you will work very closely with internal cross functional team members and retailers directly.
- Capability to present ideas and translate complex concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within our organization.