Manager, Audience Strategy and Activation
L’Oreal USA is looking for a Manager, Audience Strategy and Activation reporting into the Director, DMP and Identity. This role is responsible for implementing the L’Oreal USA’s consumer data strategy across social and e-Retail platforms to ensure the right customer data (known and anonymous) is available in the right system for activation and analysis. They are critical to enabling L’Oreal USA to deploy precision marketing strategies with high return on investment.
A successful candidate in this role is:
- Strong understanding of programmatic media, audience planning and tech landscape
- Strong understanding of tagging tools, best practices, taxonomy, and governance
- Basic understanding of modeling techniques and
- Strategic and business-focused but also have a clear understanding of Advertising and Marketing technology tools and processes
- Strong vendor management skills
- Able to partner with agencies across functions to design and enforce a governance model that allows brands to share data, negotiate this model with senior leadership, and work with IT and the vendors to ensure this is implemented.
- Works well with agencies and IT to design and implement the ecosystem on time, and on budget.
- Experienced with 1st party, 2nd party 3rd party data; the differences are clear to this candidate and they know exactly what types of vendors and tools should be deployed to marry this together into a cohesive ecosystem.
- Some experience working with complex data environments and with big data storage & mining
- Could have a productive conversation with a data scientist without feeling lost.
- Partners with the brand consumer data leads on their data activation strategies; transforms beauty objectives into a data activation plan and audience planning, leveraging cross-functional internal and external partners
- Champions the use of proven (and unproven) data across the organization to build new business wins
- Develop safe, ethical 3rd party partnerships to test new data sources
- Manages data management platform and vendor to ensures maximum use of this DMP to support strategic business challenges
- Partners with media team and the brands to support 1st party data activation (via DMP) in ALL paid media (social, programmatic, video, linear, e-retail/amazon)
- Upskills and educates organization and agency partners on DMP best practices
- Partner and support internal and external analytics teams on measurement plans within the DMP
- Tests walled garden use cases and designs playbook to maximize performance of anonymous data and DMP data collection for L’Oreal
- Partners with DIT and agencies to ensure all tagging and taxonomy governance is implemented as needed for use cases
- Partner with Director to continuously evolve L’Oreal data taxonomy for consistent reporting across business units
- Briefs IT or vendors on new data projects to bring data into the L’Oreal data ecosystem
- 5+ years of escalating experience & track record of success
- Passion for fast moving transformation roles; passion for making business impact
- Experience working in complex matrix environments
- Hybrid between technology, business and agency background
- (must) Experience with next generation data management platforms (i.e. Neustar, Salesforce – Krux, Liveramp, etc.)
- (nice to have) Experience within Salesforce marketing cloud
- Budget management, project management, vendor management
- Excellent communication skills; ability to influence at the most senior levels
- Self-motivated; autonomous and collaborative as needed
- Ability to execute in the short term while designing the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.