Consumer Products Division
Title: Central Category Development & Insights Manager
• Location: Hudson Yards
• Team: Category Development & Insights, Hair Care and Color
• Required Work Experience: 3 years
Uncover, Explore and Develop deep shopper, consumer and market insights to drive medium (3 year) and short term national category stories to feed to the retailers, marketing and field sales teams with the objective to grow the haircare and color categories and leverage category opportunities CPD brands to action on.
Accelerate growth of the category and CPD brands by:
- Leveraging exhaustive omni channel category analysis to identify category growth opportunities for Textured Haircare, Styling and Color categories.
- Leveraging deep category shopper insights to optimize mix (placement, distribution and assortment) and uncover growth opportunities for CPD.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Support the creation of Category Visions for Haircare and Color that encompass, Merchandising, Assortment, Education, brand Adjacencies
- Support the development of the overall Consumer Products Division HairCare and Color portfolio strategy. Based on insights and customer knowledge, identify bespoke CPD brands growth opportunities and help influence brands strategies and innovation plan
- Build and maintain true understanding of market trends and omni-channel category insights by leveraging Category Development toolkit such as, but not limited to: Cookbooks, Nielsen IQ, Rakuten, Spectra, Kantar, Suzy, Mintel, Euromonitor, Stylus, Netbase, Rival, IQ, Nielsen Discovery, Rezuze and CMI bespoke Metier and Shopper research.
- Assess e-commerce retailer platforms to provide strategic recommendations inclusive of assortment, user navigation, educational opportunities, and omni channel cohesiveness.
- Leverage ecommerce tools/dashboards such as Market 360, Ecom Dashboard. Ecommerce MRMs to provide omni-channel commercial insights to the retailer and multi-functional teams.
- Monitor and Upkeep Nielsen database quality to maintain accuracy in insight reporting
- Brief, Manage and Share out key Suzy Survey’s to uncover consumer insights and help answer retailer category questions.
Define consistent category guidelines
- Serve as category expert for Marketing, Shopper Marketing and BBD teams. Align Brand teams to ensure least possible overlap of shopper strategies to maximize market share and innovation success for CPD overall to win. Aid in planning meetings i.e. – National Sales Meeting, IMM
- Liaison between ACM team and internal; communicate key initiatives and category trends to ACM team and filter internal requests out to ACM team for streamlined communication
- Identify, share, and align on shopper specific category opportunities. Deliver action steps to ACMs for retail specific implementation that will drive dollar share growth, incremental space and better Brand placement
- Uncover current emerging shopper trends, where we partner with CMI to create a Shopper/Consumer centric story that provides Marketing with insight, validation, and recommendations
- Synthesize panier benefits with shopper profiles to equip the field with a robust selling story supporting shopper needs or growing trends for new item meetings
- Ensure quarterly Cookbook update and delivery to the ACMs for timely share out
- Support White Space team by providing shopper insights and distribution opportunities based on CPD brand and shopper alignment.
- Maintain knowledge of promotional and pricing fundamentals for CPD and competitive brands to provide high level insight of promotional effectiveness to internal and field teams.
- Collaborate with CCMs and Category Lead to provide shopper insights leveraging retailer loyalty systems, where appropriate, for internal management meetings and/or brand personalization marketing initiatives.
The Network you would work with:
Category Lead, CCMs and ACM peer group. Marketing teams, BBD and Head of Sales. CMI and Shopper Insights.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a category development, sales role or marketing role
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
- Affinity to beauty. Multi category experience in Haircare, Textured Hair, Haircolor is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and organize / prioritize them
- Natural collaborator and decision making influencer
- Category Management Certification is a plus
- Nielsen Discovery, Nielsen IQ, Rival IQ, Netbase, Nielsen POS, Spectra, Rakuten, Excel tool expertise
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.