Manager, Commercial Finance
Location: New York, NY, (with potential travel)
Division: Consumer Products
Reports to: AVP Finance
Trade Spending Management:
- Support trade spending budget and monitor actual spending v. forecast.
- Maintain full year trade spending expense by category and customer, above and below the line.
- Issue monthly executive trade spend reports.
- Work closely with field sales personnel & cross functional business partners to monitor trade spend.
- Document opportunities and risks to trade spending plans.
- Follow-up on large unresolved customer deductions.
- Summarize for Executive Team and Senior Sales personnel trade spending opportunities and risks.
- Play financial role in annual budgeting process, particularly in areas of trade spending. Specific emphasis on trade spend strategy and allocation of funds.
- Compile and analyze Customer P&Ls.
- Provide financial insight to Field Sales regarding Account P&Ls.
- Perform various financial analysis related to P&L expense & budgeting
- Review Sales Finance related procedures and processes and amend as needed.
- Work with internal and external auditors.
- Perform financial analysis on promotional funding request from field sales leveraging the RGM function & tools (ROI, Net Sales Lift, Cost per incremental unit, etc.).
- Perform “what if” modeling on various trade spending options.
- Analyze post-promotion KPIs. Compare to forecast and share learnings with Field Sales and Marketing. Utilize learnings to evaluate future programs.
- Ensure trade promotion liability is accurately reflected on the books.
- Lead &/or assist with various commercial projects involving cross functional teams
- Provide insight on various processes & drive optimization at mass accounts
- Manage and understand trade promotion/ account P&L database and reporting tool (COMPASS)
- Manage and understand Trade Fuel Management database (APEX).
- Ensure all liabilities are properly accrued monthly & at year end.
- SAP/Analyzer knowledge is desirable
- 6+ years of experience in finance preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA/CPA preferred.
- Strong computer skills required; must have expert-level experience with Excel and Word.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
Ask us about L'Oréal's workplace flexibility programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.