10 Hudson Yards, New York NY
Manager, Consumer & Market Intelligence (Consumer Hair Brands)
Corporate Digital Team
Overall, the Manager of CPD CMI will work to:
- Support the activation and local creation insight efforts for the Hair métier within the CPD Division (Haircare, Styling, Hair Color).
- Partner with Local US CPD Division and Global DMI Leaders to ensure optimal research plans / budgets are built and flawlessly executed, in partnership with métier AVP.
Core insight areas the Manager will be responsible for include:
- Concept Testing and Product Validation (for Local Creation)
- Package and Shelf Testing
- Custom Survey Design, Qualitative, and Quantitative Methods
- Equity and Awareness Tracking
- Management of Proprietary Consumer Panels and Tools
- Budget and expectations management along with agency resource management
Success will be driven in-part by:
- Delivering strong consumer-driven insights to marketing.
- Balancing daily project needs while delivering against meaningful strategic priorities.
- Managing across both US and DMI teams to exceed expectations.
- Building a strong network to allow for penetration and integration into team issues, strategic meetings, and general division culture/work processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully immerse in the business needs and situations within CPD Hair brand teams, becoming a trusted ally and team member.
- Build agency relationships related to the CPD work and maximize their operational output and potential, while bringing new innovative tools and methods to the group.
- Disseminate and animate actionable insights that will drive L’Oreal brand growth, internally and with our external customer base.
- Budget management and project status tracking and reporting.
The Manager of CPD CMI will form close partnerships with:
- Marketing Operations and DMI leaders across the division.
- Domestic and Global CMI/Prospective teams
- Outside vendors and agencies
- MBA a plus.
- Requires 2-3 years of industry experience, through positions/ assignments in market research (whether custom or syndicated) or marketing.
- Industry background includes traditional CPG, beauty industry experience critical.
The successful candidate will have the following key personal qualities: results orientated; proactive with a ‘make it happen’ attitude; team builder and strong listener/communicator (oral, written); ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; flexible and adaptable (willing to look at things in new, unique ways); strong planner, organizer, and strategic thinker. Solid track record of relationship management, problem solving, and influencing... as they will be working across many unique teams.
Additional Key Skills:
- Passion for consumer insights and the beauty industry.
- Positive approach and transparent with projects/work/planning.
- Self-starter; can work autonomously to get things done.
- Eager to learn new industries, consumer targets, distribution channels.