Job: Manager – Continuous Improvement and Quality
Department: Cranbury Indirect
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Cranbury NJ
Reports to: Dir – Physical Flows
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Manager of Continuous Improvement and Quality will be responsible for measuring and testing procedures in the Distribution Center with an eye for improving operations efficiency. This role will drive improvement through oversight and management of the divisional quality system for the DC operations and fulfillment activity, including but not limited to inbound, outbound, process and data quality. This role will manage capital projects for the location as they relate to the Site’s Master Plan. This role will be responsible for ensuring compliance to local, state, federal international and customer requirements as they pertain to quality. This role will lead and mentor a team of direct reports to drive improvements to the facility as we maintain compliance with the Quality Management System.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Create logistics solutions and strategies to address the identified needs to improve DC Operations
- Analysis, fact-finding and problem solving is strongly required. Analysis requires assembling facts and evidence from variety of sources / data by applying the proper analytical methodology.
- Conceptualize / establish project plans (determine the parties to involve, map out the project plan / schedule, outline the pros and cons including benefit) and promote / implement.
- Serve as the project manager to plan, develop, and execute the scope, deliverables, required resources, schedule, budget, and sequencing for new solutions
- Create standard operating procedures for each solution or initiative when executing the projects.
- Maintain and drive project standards of customer satisfaction, schedule, quality, cost and performance
- Drive End to End (E2E) quality with focus on customer needs
- Drive a culture of E2E quality within the fulfillment center and assembly operations teams through active engagement, recognition and training
- Responsible for the day to day execution of quality standards and expectations to assure E2E quality excellence
- Provide technical support for development and execution of action plans to improve customer experience
- Partner with corporate quality & Operations Excellence teams to implement and sustain E2E quality initiatives for both local and 3PL-managed fulfillment centers and assembly houses.
- Utilize technology to support a digital future to enable an improved consumer and customer experience
- Support Physical Distribution on the continuous improvement journey within the network to reduce waste and improve the customer and consumer experience
- Support on-going compliance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management system, including close-out of non-conformances identified during audits
- Oversee inventory control and data quality management in the Physical Distribution network
- Ensure accurate traceability capabilities within the Physical Distribution network, including verifying traceability exercise
- Drive improvements for inbound operations and work with vendors to ensure compliance to L’Oreal routing guide and logistics agreements
- Facilitate the collection of quality metrics to support customer, financial and corporate scorecards
- Oversee the quality audit programs for internal and external operations
Required / Preferred Experience/Training:
- Required: BS Degree in an Engineering field or other related Science Field
- Required: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Quality/Operations/Continuous Improvement management role
- Preferred: Previous roles working with external partners or managing external communication
- Preferred: Integrated Lean Six Sigma experience
- Preferred: Data analytics skill set
- Ability to meet deadlines, have good organizational skills, work autonomously and make decisions
- Must have strong communication skills & presentation skills, including but not limited to MS Power BI, MS Excel, with strong understanding of CAD
- Solid understanding of logistics and supply chain concepts and principles
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize daily work loads
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, safety vest, steel-toed footwear and gloves where applicable
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Demonstrate independent understanding and application of core GMP fundamentals, including but not limited to: Data Integrity (DI), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Must be willing to travel overnight
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.