Title: Manager, Data Drive Experience, Data Strategy
Division: Corporate, CDMO
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY
Reports to: Director, Data Drive Experience, Data Strategy
WHO WE ARE: For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
CDMO: The Corporate Digital and Marketing Office mission is to put the consumer at the heart of L’Oréal’s business and drive digital innovation. As a force for L’Oréal’s innovation, CDMO delivers the best consumer experiences, drives new marketing models, and spearhead new digital capabilities to futureproof the group’s business.
Data Driven Experience (DDX): The DDX teams’ mission is to build the largest beauty database in the world, in order to provide consumers with a best in class digital experience. Our focus is on the data strategies and technologies that are required to build a best-in-class asset and supporting programs for our brands.
What You Will Do:
L’Oréal USA is looking for a Data Strategy Manager reporting into the Director, Data Strategy. This strategic role in the group is responsible for helping build programs, technology solutions and operational best practices necessary to carry out the overall data strategy vision. They are critical to enabling L’Oréal USA to deploy precision marketing strategies with high return on investment. The Data Strategy Manager will be a key partner across the organization, regularly interacting with cross functional teams in IT, Media and our brand teams. The role will work within a team that is focused on building our 1P data asset through data acquisition tactics and strategies and using the 1P data asset to build actionable consumer insights. Channels and systems in scope include paid and social media and CRM, audience segmentation and management, 1st party customer and visitor data management, CDP/DMP management, Identity Resolution/ID Graph construction.
Consumer Data Strategy & Activation:
- Utilize a variety of tools and technologies to analyze and visualize data and translate into actionable consumer insights
- Translate business objectives into practical audiences, using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data to drive personalization and segmentation that goes deeper than standard demographics
- Support the systems and technology used for data collection and management
- Support systems and tools used to manage, store and syndicate audiences to paid/owned channels
- Responsible for understanding how data flows through Loreal ecosystem, and ability to work cross-functionally with IT teams to build taxonomies, onboard data, and implement QA checks and issue match rate reports
- Evolve L’Oréal data taxonomy for consistent application across brands
- Partner with IT and agencies to ensure all tagging and taxonomy governance is implemented as needed for data use case
- Ensure data is readily available to support metrics and models; promote cohesive and integrated decision-making across our media and brand teams
- Help implement data hygiene processes in consumer CDP, implement QA process and issue match rate reports
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Primary experience in audience development, data driven marketing, digital marketing, data operations
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management, data activation and consumer insights
- A thorough understanding of 1P, 2P, 3P data landscape and how it can drive marketing strategy
- Knowledge of identity resolution, clean-room and mar-tech industry (ie. Liveramp, Neustar, Epsilon, GMP, AMC, CDPs, DMPs, DSPs, Data Onboarding, etc.)
- Works well with agencies and IT teams to design and implement our data ecosystem
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Organized, structured, analytical and logical; strong problem-solving skill
- Experience working in a large, highly matrixed, enterprise with competing priorities across reams
- Experience in consumer goods or beauty
- Product Management experience (Agile, DevOps, etc.)
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $98,200 - $137,500
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected] If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.