Job: Manager- Human Resources, Berkeley Heights/Clark, NJ
Department: Operations – Corporate Functions
Location: Clark, NJ/Berkeley Heights, NJ
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission
The Manger, HR is responsible for supporting the Operations, Corporate functions of L’Oreal from an HR Business Partner standpoint. The HR Manager, Operations, Corporate functions is responsible for managing select HR initiatives and working with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people while aligning with the overall business strategy.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Recruitment - Approve candidates for interview, participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions. Responsible for integrity of all applicant flow data.
- Integration - Manage the integration of all new employees through FIT, and divisional integration programs.
- Employee development - Manage careers by building relationships, providing counsel and identifying training opportunities for junior client group and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Succession planning - Support the Talent Review meeting process with HR management.
- Organizational effectiveness - Understand business objectives and implement organizational improvements.
- Workforce planning - Perform analysis of current structure and make recommendations for improvements.
- Retention strategies - Analyze internal and external data to make recommendations on retention strategies and execute program policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 3-5 yrs of related HR generalist experience required
- Proficient in using Microsoft office
- Experience with HRIS
- Employee relations - Champion work environment vision through relationships with employees, provide advice and coaching to employees and facilitate employee events.
- Total rewards compensation management - Work with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels; support base pay recommendations consistent with policy guidelines.
- HR policies and programs - Interpret, apply and monitor HR policy and program opportunities to support line operations, and assure compliance; keen eye for detail required.
- AAP - Communicate AAP goals and follow-up with management to assure progress against objectives.
- Work with management to establish PIPs and other disciplinary programs.
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, etc.).
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of brand, category, retail dynamics, competitors, market trends and consumers.
- Compensation - In-depth knowledge of policies and process.
- Legal - Solid understanding of laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment and labor groups.
- Data management - Solid knowledge of employee data system and integration points.
- Data analysis - Evaluates data to assess business implications, and make sound recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence in execution
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new venture
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short-term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.