Manager, eCommerce Web Development
Kerastase & SHU
10 Hudson Yards, NYC
Experience and Education:
- Lead the web development and maintenance for 2 consumer sites within the Professional Products Division.
- Support ongoing enhancements of each site through custom front-end HTML and CSS (e.g., email templates, desktop & mobile site experiences & landing pages, new content slots, product launches, promotions, etc.).
- Oversee back-end development partners and manage bug fixes & enhancements with 3rd party tools/integrations.
- Collaborate with Digital IT to manage the code release schedule for each site. Collaborate with Digital IT on customer data exports and subscriptions.
- Collaborate with Tag Management Teams to add pixels and tags to sites.
- Collaborate with outside vendors on importing and exporting APIs and product feeds.
- Develop and manage responsive experiences on cross-browser, cross-platform devices.
- Provide oversight and collaborate with other developers and designers to implement new and exciting features on each site.
- Recommend new desktop and mobile technology solutions to support for each site’s innovation strategy.
- Maintain and improve development processes.
- Provide recommendations and collaborate with corporate IT division on CAPEX spend and allocation.
- A minimum of 5 years of web development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical concentration required
- PMI Certification a plus
- Prior experience with SiteCore a plus
- Experience in Demandware ISML language and Demandware Site Genesis a plus
- Experience in Ajax, Flex, DHTML a plus
- Experience with UX and Wireframes
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Fluent in object oriented design and development principles
- Eye for performance-based design
- Ability to work in a team environment and clearly communicate
- Ability to manage personal workload and delegate effectively
- Ability to balance and manage competing priorities
- Understanding of agile web development principals, a plus
- Prior experience/certification with Demandware or other e-commerce platform (Magento, Hybris, GSI) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of page level development using HTML, CSS
- Experience with XML a plus
- Experience with mobile web development
- Experience working with HTML5 Video and other HTML5 DOM APIs
- Understanding of semantic web architecture
- Experience with version control tools (Subversion, Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with backend integration tools (PHP, JSP, Ruby)
- Experience in A/B testing set-up and strategies
- Understanding of SEO/SEM best practices in web development
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore and recommend new technology opportunities to support each site’s innovation strategy: 5%
- Work with deployment team on code deployment schedule for each site: 5%
- Oversee Quality Assurance vendor to ensure bug tickets are prioritized, addressed, and tracked: 10%
- Manage external development partners, collaborate with back-end development partners on web development initiatives: 10%
- Develop dynamic web & email applications and maintenance of code base each site: 70%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.