Job Summary: L’Oréal is looking for a creative, analytically driven, and collaborative team member to help establish and build Analytics tools and insights within the domains of CRM and Programmatic. This role will report into the Assistant Vice President, Advanced Analytics & Data Science and will be responsible for driving Analytics-based recommendations and influencing Marketing Decisions within the organization.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Drives the transformation of data-driven decision making in marketing
- Delivers on innovating and refining measurement methodologies for marketing that address broad and narrow business objectives
- Drives performance against business objectives which include, but are not limited to: growing revenue, growing share, increasing profitability
- Develops analytical road maps that integrate modelling and predictive analytics into current and new business intelligence activities
- Collaborates closely with Digital IT to govern and help facilitate best practices in: Data Collection, Governance, and Hygiene
- Collaborates closely with Data Driven Marketing Team to identify new sources of data relevant for modelling business outcomes
- Leads in the following analytical projects, but are not limited to: Predictive Consumer Behavior Models, Product Recommendation Engines, Targeting Segmentation, Look-Alike modelling, etc.
- Evangelizes Data-Influenced Decision Making within the broader organization via education, presentations, 1-on-1 conversations, etc.
- Addresses backlog and accelerates Analytics items across brands and portfolio
- Lean into Retail Data Sharing partnerships which will require technical analytical expertise and bandwidth to extract value
- Drive ROI measurement for CRM and Data
- Educate and support in best practices related to DDM Analytics
- Drive ROI measurement for Data and Programmatic
- Address category and portfolio level analytics to discover best practices
- Educate and support in sharing best practices across the organization
Competencies Of Successful Candidates
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience; Preferably 2 years working for/within the CPG vertical
- Understanding of retail data (e-commerce, brick & mortar, indirect selling through wholesale)
- Hands-On Experience in the following areas:
- Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Matrix Computation, Diffusion Geometry, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
- Statistical Tools: R, SAS, SPSS, SciPy, Stata, etc.
- Programming Languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Ruby, Perl, MATLAB, Pig, etc.
- Relational Databases: SQL-based systems, NewSQL systems (eg. Cloudera, etc.)
- Distributed Computing Systems: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hice, etc
- Data Mining
- Data Modelling
- Predictive Analytics: Machine Learning, Forecasting, etc.
- Visualization: Tableau, D3.js, etc
- Proven record of developing analytical products that drive business decisions and outcomes
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds. Able to effectively translate and present analytics data to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level.
- Methodological mindset to test new ideas and work towards valid results.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times.
- Curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.