JOB TITLE: Manager, Learning & Development (Training)
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director, Corproate Human Resources
The Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for establishing, planning, implementing and evaluating the training and development programs to support the leadership, professional development, and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and strategies established in partnership with the business for our National Operating Center. Works in conjunction with the L’Oreal Learning and Development team, outside vendors and consultants to create a catalog of learning and development offerings to expand key skill sets such as technical and soft skills and leadership competencies. Ensures that the SalonCentric PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, D&I and Engagement), when appropriate, are incorporated into the training curriculum. Assesses and manages all training programs for SalonCentric including collaborating and aligning with L’Oreal USA’s training catalogue, exploring local and nationally recognized programs to meet objectives, organizing, facilitating, and tracking participation and program effectiveness.
The incumbent will use a diverse platform of learning methodologies including in-person training, digital/remote learning and e-learning and continuously explores other methods of learning consistent with trends in the industry.
- Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and/or learning activities in addition to delivering various methods of learning for team members including group facilitations and virtual remote classes.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with the L’Oreal USA learning and development team, outside vendors and consultants to bring new and contemporary trainings in house that incorporates industry best practices, trends, processes and products and services into current learning and development strategies
- In partnership with the HR staff, supports the development of career plans, 360 assessments, executive coaching and individual development plans
- Acts as the SalonCentric liaison with L’Oreal USA’s Learning and Development group to assess training offerings for SalonCentric.
- Creates the annual training catalogue and markets all training offerings to the target employee audiences
- Works collaboratively with HRIS and the L’Oreal Learning and Development group to automate the enrollment and tracking process for SalonCentric
- Works with the HR leadership and various business partners to create learning opportunities at significant meetings and events.
- Obtains appropriate certification and training to conduct all new leader assimilations.
- Leverages the L’Oreal USA e-learning platform to augment training tracks and programs in addition to in person learning and digital learning platforms.
- Ensures that PRIDE values are incorporated into relevant training offerings.
- Conducts periodic training needs assessments to monitor training and development vendors and programs.
- Manages logistical aspects of training and learnings, including but not limited to training registration process, booking of event space and catering, and attendance tracking
- Facilitates various team member and leadership development training programs across the organization that are requested from departments, senior leaders and Human Resources
- Attends certification programs offerings to become a “train the trainer’ or ‘facilitator’ for key training initiatives as needed to bring back to SalonCentric
- Partners with HR and Sr. Leadership to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen our organization, people and leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or another related field
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience facilitating, creating, executing and / or managing a corporate training program
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Able to provide clear creative direction and critical feedback on all training offerings available to SalonCentric to create the right mix of developmental programs for employees and to meet overall strategic training objectives.
- Able to manage and organize multiple priorities and adjust priorities to accelerate results with a strong sense of urgency and follow through. Able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Creative innovative thinker eager to identify solutions and new opportunities
- A demonstrated ability to lead and influence many levels of employees and get results through others.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to make strategic, timely decisions in fast-paced environment and react with urgency to situations that require quick response or turnaround.
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and service skills.
- Is self-directed and uses tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
- Team player with positive attitude
- Moderate travel (10%+)