Job Title: ARMANI beauty- Make Up Artistry / National Face Designer
Division: International Designer Collections, Luxe
Location: Field Force/Remote
The National Face Designer will represent ARMANI beauty as the ultimate brand ambassador, bringing makeup artistry & best in class client service to the forefront for clients. In this public-facing role, the right candidate will engage & inspire both clients & BAs though their commitment to representing the ARMANI brand ethos, artistry, and service at all times.
This role will maintain & showcase full mastery in both artistry & education, as well as strong working knowledge in fragrance & skincare, to be applied across three key areas: client experience, BA education, & digital/social activation.
The right talent should be able to execute, teach, model, and coach excellence in artistry via both on-model & self-application, with demonstrated expertise handling high-profile clientele including celebrities, influencers, and other brand advocates.
Additionally, this role will lead the design, development, & delivery of BA & client-facing content that drives incremental sales, client engagement, brand awareness & brand love in alignment with ARMANI beauty’s key strategic objectives & brand image at all times, with a focus on social/digital activation & digital education delivery formats.
Working closely with ARMANI & wider L’Oreal teams, this role will support best in class client experiences by developing BAs, Field Leaders, & freelance sales support on selling skills, product knowledge, & application technique across all brand axes – always in the ARMANI way.
1. Minimum of 5 years professional experience as makeup artist and beauty educator, demonstrating mastery of craft & expertise with high profile and/or celebrity clientele
2. Demonstrates social savvy; minimum 3k+ existing IG followers with 1.5%+ engagement rate; TikTok proficiency
3. Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic & creative mindset, collaborative leadership skills
4. Exceptional verbal & written communication, presentation, public speaking, & media skills aligned with ARMANI brand identity
5. Demonstrated skill in instructional design, content creation & curation
6. Maintain and leverage working knowledge of social platforms, competitive activity, retailers, overall market & consumer trends
7. Best in class selling & negotiation skills
8. Track record of effective working relationships across levels: brand leadership, retailers, BAs, and clients
9. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suite of tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) & ongoing ability to master new technologies & platforms to support the business (ie e-learning authoring tools & digital education platforms)
10. Must be able to travel extensively, including international (up to 50% in peak times)
11. Achieves certification from ARMANI beauty global brand artistry team as National Face Designer
Judgment and Decision Making:
The ideal candidate would be able to operate successfully with intermittent supervision, yet able to flexibly collaborate closely as needed with cross-functional partners & key stakeholders from L’Oreal HQ, DMI/global, & ARMANI fashion.
Given the public-facing nature of this role, sound judgment & decision-making skills are of utmost importance.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements :
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds; ability to set up artistry stations & event setups as needed
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Annual Budget Responsibility: personal T&E budget, accurate & timely expense management, & project budget management
Annual Revenue Responsibility: varies by event & location
Essential Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent
Total = 100%
Generate incremental retail sales & brand awareness through the successful execution of virtual & in-store events, consultations, and masterclasses with retail & PR partners
- Professionally represent the ARMANI image & brand at all times
- Develop & deliver dynamic & engaging presentations to drive success on established goals
- Energize event teams, store management, & other partners to maximize results
- Adjust effectively to varied work situations & needs, demonstrating sound leadership, consistent enthusiasm, & professional maturity
- Partner with ICC to utilize social media to reach new & existing clients to help build brand sales, awareness, loyalty, & engagement; engage & educate press/influencers/makeup artists on Armani product, artistry & innovation
- Proactively partner with field leadership to anticipate potential wins & challenges re: appointments, client profiles, business goals, stock, & competitive activities
- Recap & debrief stakeholders by submitting comprehensive & timely feedback based on established KPIs
Social Media activation & presence
- Drive BA & client engagement via maintenance of professional account(s) on social media & social commerce platforms like IG & TikTok, in alignment with US market needs, brand direction, DMI & ICC
- Demonstrated proficiency in authoring, shooting, editing, and delivering relevant social assets that resonate with ARMANI’s target consumer & strategic objectives; minimum 1 client-ready video deliverable per week
- Ensure all social activity is aligned with the ARMANI global vision & brand ethos at all times
- Understand audience insights & activity to accelerate channel growth & engagement in partnership with ICC team; minimum existing 1.5% engagement rate
Artistry, Social, and Education content design & development
- Instructional design & content experience – creating programs as SME, and adapting global content for US market needs and specific use-case
- Demonstrated success creating & curating content across delivery methods: video, written materials, digital content, e-learning, new tech platforms
- Business Acumen – ability to translate sales & market data into actionable content to mobilize BAs
- Project management skills – experience leading group of cross-functional partners in formal project plan
- Team collaboration – demonstrates interpersonal skills & fosters positive culture
- Proactively engage to remain current on industry, market, retail, & consumer trends, techniques, and needs across three axes, applying as relevant to yourself, BAs & clients
Train & coach BAs to elevate client experience & achieve business goals -
- Deliver training & coaching as solo or primary facilitator in brand expertise across axes
- Develop & deliver effective ongoing training program for freelance artistry & sales support to ensure successful execution of events & leading an ARMANI artistry community
- Conduct gap analysis in order to deliver relevant knowledge & coaching to improve BA service & skills
- Lead by example, reinforcing appropriate use of all recommended tools and techniques for hygiene, link/ cross selling, client experience, & customer service as defined by brand leadership & DMI
- Demonstrate understanding of facilitation & coaching best practices, while fostering a positive brand culture & growth mindset in BA populations
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.