Manager, Process Improvement
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Process Improvement Manager is responsible for the development, analysis and alignment of long-term plans to the overall vision of leadership. This role will partner with and influence operations by identifying gaps, evaluating and designing operational sequence and work flow and improving efficiencies in building and equipment layouts.
The successful individual will:
- Be innovative when developing solutions
- Be sound and controlled when applying loss methodology
- Have experience in areas such as strategy development, project management, process deployment and/or change management initiatives
- Design new processes to improve safety, boost productivity, quality and profitability.
- Conduct time & motion studies and evaluate production standards.
- Identify and develop operational models, reports and systemic tools to achieve operational efficiency within a high volume, SKU-intensive, e-commerce order fulfillment center.
- Work closely with other engineering or operational disciplines in the development and application of automation and/or robotics, increasing production, quality, efficiency, or volume.
- Develop and enhance labor and productivity models to ensure operational KPIs are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant education
- 3-5 years relevant work experience preferably within supply chain or manufacturing
- Demonstrated competence within Industrial Engineering and/or Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Experience in project management to develop solution driven strategy plans
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and/or logistics systems
- Familiar with or application of TPM, Six Sigma, or other lean manufacturing principles
- Strong computer and analytical skills to include advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Knowledge of SAP and LMS strongly preferred
- Experience writing procedures, work instructions, and other related documents
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects & priorities
- Quickly adapt to different working environments, build relationships and be able to work and lead teams efficiently for success
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact and present at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.