POSITION: Manager, Production Control
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations
LOCATION: Manchester, PA
FLSA Status: Exempt
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Production Control Manager is responsible for service, cost, and productivity of our outbound processing operation. This role will work closely with business channel leaders, to ensure processing will meet expectations through active communication and planning. This role will collaborate with and influence operations by planning short and long-term demand related to all business channels. Service, cost and productivity KPI’s will be implemented to measure success.
- Develop processing plans to ensure service for all business channels
- Communicate plans to operations for execution. Track performance to plan at various points in time
- Collaborate with internal and external teams concerning production updates
- Plan and schedule all work outages including but not limited to IT, engineering, training, etc.
- Plan the execution of overtime, creating KPI’s and tracking accordingly
- Conduct planning meetings on a reoccurring cadence with operations and business channel leaders
- Support forecasting teams with capacity updates related to outbound processing
- Work closely with PIM, engineering and Director on operational improvements
- Support system upgrades including but not limited to SAP, WM, LM, and IT related enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain or other relevant education
- 5-10 years relevant work experience preferably within supply chain or distribution
- Demonstrated competence developing processing plans, meeting service and cost in fast-paced environment
- Experience in project management to organize and plan processing projects and outages
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and/or logistics systems including SAP, WM, LM
- Experience with forecasting to develop capacity plans to meet future demand
- Microsoft skills required including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience writing procedures, work instructions, and other related documents
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Quickly adapt to different working environments, building relationships to influence and lead teams efficiently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact and present at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.