Manager – PPE Expert Evaluation
As a Manager - within the Product Performance Evaluation – Expert Science, this position requires an experienced and proven leader equipped with the confidence and skills to manage high profile projects and a team of Technical experts/researchers, complemented with the tools needed to negotiate timelines, budgets, and priorities. This Leader should have a background in testing design, while also possessing excellent analytical, strategic thinking and collaboration skills which will be essential for leading studies and teams within the different L’Oreal US Hair brands.
- Oversees practices and procedures carried out for Expert Hair Care and Styling testing operation
- Leads the Qualitative Professional Testing Program across Hair categories including Hair Care, Hair Styling and Hair Color using external hair stylists
- Partners with formulators/Labs and Product Performance Managers (PPMs) to determine the Expert testing and consumer knowledge needs of the US Expert Science group including Expert In-House testing and Qualitative Professional Tests with external stylists; obtaining clear objectives and context for projects.
- Understands the strategy for all hair categories and drives a strategic innovative and pragmatic expert product evaluation for hair technologies
- Establishes and manages performance evaluations and development plans for team personnel according to their position, experience, strengths and development needs.
- Ensures that the team is aligned on their personal and team goals, values and vision by holding regular meetings, providing continuous and efficient feedback, encouraging feedback from team, promoting collaboration within the team and cross functionally, and providing recognition.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with other departments including PPE Sciences, PPMs, Labs, Marketing and R&I support groups in US and internationally.
- Leads the partnership with PPD and CPD NY Test Centers across hair categories to align on testing strategies and share results throughout the year
- Designs and executes high profile and priority innovation Expert studies from inception to completion including study design, target volunteer selection, methodology, and questionnaires.
- Analyzes test results, synthesizes the information and writes reports to meet business objectives.
- Communicates and presents findings to key stakeholders and management
- Drives creative research approaches and strategic recommendations for product development including design of Hybrid Testing, partnering with consumer and/or instrumental teams.
- Support new, forward thinking evaluation techniques, methodologies and strategies for the future of Expert evaluation, providing recommendation on the test design based on project objective
- Aid in implementation of creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results
- Prioritize project workload with Research and Innovation (R&I) team and PPMs
Key Challenges include:
- Management of conflicting priorities within designated projects.
- Delivery against established timelines.
- Development of team and team motivation.
- BS/BA degree in a related science and 10+ years’ experience, or MS degree in a related science and 6 years’ experience in technical research and understanding of management within a fast paced consumer goods company.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team.
- Experience with Cosmetic industry a plus
- Cosmetology license a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and measurable implementation plans and able to transform solid thinking into action.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organizational capabilities, a bias for action, and the capability to define, evaluate, decide, and take risks.
- High level of passion for consumer centricity during the product development process.
- Able to translate evaluation plans into actionable recommendations of testing to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills to drive agile product design and develop teams.
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up and timelines
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with a deadline-driven deliverable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Confident engaging with and presenting to senior executives.
- Proficient in MS Office, data entry and some knowledge of statistical software programs (such as Compusense, SIMS, Spotfire etc.).
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.