Job Title: Manager/ Sr. Manager Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Facilities
Responsible for the environmental, health, safety and quality programs for the Dallas location. Accountable for the management of occupational issues and programs for the site. Oversees that the L’Oreal quality standards and specifications of the facility are met. Leads engineering projects as needed.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve safety throughout the facility & SH&E performance indicators
- Achieve OSHA VPP status
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations for environmental and safety areas including OSHA guidelines and hazardous materials.
- Quality -Ensure standards are met and report quality variances
- Participate as a key steering member of safety committee
- Conduct safety and housekeeping inspections
- Conduct safety, health, and environmental training for new employees
- Establish accident prevention measures and identify and develop safety-training programs
- Establish emergency response plan and team
- Assess departmental procedures and establish work safety standards. Evaluate and implement best practices
- Keep up to date with knowledge of industry standards
- Develop scope of work for various short and long term facilities projects.
- Work with contractors/vendors to estimate project work and budgets.
- Present project justification to management for approval
- Develop and manage project budgets, schedules and resource
- Coordinate with division engineering, operations engineers, supervisors, manager, and employees as necessary to facilitate project completion.
- Train personnel on changes associated with project work.
- BS Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental or related field
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification
- 5+ years SH&E experience preferably in a distribution environment
- 2-3 years relevant facilities and/or engineering experience
- Strong Project Management skills
- Hands on strategic planning and project management experience
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary leadership skills and ability to work independently
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Access
- Able to bend, twist and lift up to 35lbs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.