STORE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
10101 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr BLVD, St. Petersburg, Florida
In office position with up to two days of work from home each week
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L'Oréal USA, is the premier distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends. The Store Development Team, based in SalonCentric's National Operating Center, in St. Petersburg, FL, is expanding.
The Store Development Manager facilitates all efforts surrounding new store development as well as existing store portfolio management for a portion of the country. Ensures a well-defined strategic plan of new store openings is implemented in responsible region. Manages all aspects of store development including new stores, remodels, or relocations to support the Company's long-term growth strategy.
- In charge of implementing long-term plan to support the overall store development function, maintaining a strategic approach, developing innovative processes to sustain and improve effectiveness and efficiencies and establish KPI’s to support these improvements.
- In charge of implementing expansion of store fleet footprint, vendor management, through new store additions as well as acquisitions.
- Facilitate the project management of all aspects of new store construction, remodels, and relocations.
- Manages, monitors, and communicates project schedules, budget guidelines, progress, and costs to ensure projects are completed on time and to established expectations.
- Oversees creation of project development budgets for all projects.
- Develop and maintain vendor, leasing and landlord relationships; negotiate all proposals to ensure best pricing possible and identify cost saving measures.
- With Visual Merchandising, participate in the development and execution of SalonCentric design objectives to meet company standards of appearance, quality, quantity, and costs.
- Provides tools necessary to accomplish and measure department goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and handles all vendors with regards to delivery of site
- Site visits, as needed, to monitor construction, remodel, relocations, and creation of punch lists.
- Support store department initiatives for both existing and proposed store concepts.
- Supports roll out of key initiatives that supports Store Operations and Store Development
- Manages Budget for territories assigned.
- Team expert for functional responsibilities
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- 2-4 years of experience in store development and/or construction management, retail experience preferred.
- Strong Presentation Skills.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, excel and MyMarket. Proficient and comfort with technology and addressing troubleshooting routine technological issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of professionalism and sound judgment in dealing with senior managers; effectively builds relationships and resources at all levels of the organization.
- High attention to detail; ability to produce highly accurate documents and work products in a demanding environment; takes pride in his/her work.
- Extremely well organized; ability to balance competing demands in a very busy environment.
- Highly proactive; takes initiative to begin and complete projects; masterful at follow-up and tracking work projects; anticipates and executes tasks before being asked.
- Flexible to accommodate last minute changes and demands from multiple sources.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Must be able to remain stationary or sit for most of the scheduled day.
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment throughout the day.
- Ability to travel up to 50% based on business needs.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.