Title: Manager, Talent Acquisition
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Supporting: Research & Innovation
Team: Talent Acquisition, L’Oreal USA
Reports To: Vice President, Talent Acquisition
As the #1 player in the cosmetics and personal care industry, L’Oréal’s success is a direct result of our unrivaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere and it’s our Talent Acquisition group who ensure we find the leaders needed to continue our success.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition will be responsible for the attraction and recruitment of top experienced, scientific and innovation talent in Research & Innovation in support of L’Oréal’s strategies and business needs. This role requires superior communication and organizational skills and the ability to build relationships with candidates as well as L’Oreal business partners.
In this role, you will be the primary contact for internal partners & stakeholders in the process of filling open positions and managing top talents for L’Oréal key positions. You will manages the candidate experience from end to end with a larger goal of enhancing L’Oréal’s attractiveness as an employer. This position requires an individual capable of making decisions in ambiguous situations, superior problem solving and composure in a dynamic fast paced and changing environment. You will be the primary point of contact for candidates and business partners at all levels of seniority and must be experienced and adept at managing executive level interaction.
- Partner with Hiring Managers and HR from across all functions in the Research & Innovation community to understand hiring needs and develop cohesive search strategies for open and upcoming positions
- Develop and maintain deep and specific network of top scientific, both active and passive, through referrals, sourcing, networking and digital campaigns
- Identify talents for open positions, recommend them to hiring teams and manage all interview activity
- Ensure consistent communication to hiring teams regarding candidates and search status
- Act as a resource to the Hiring Managers and HR partners by providing industry insights regarding the talent trends, competition, etc.
- Drive offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendation/negotiation, offer letter generation and offer responses
- Develop in-depth understanding of L’Oreal Competencies and use them to identify, interview and recommend the best talent
- Grow and maintain L’Oreal talent pipelines through sourcing activity and networking while ensuring data quality and integrity through utilization of our Avature CRM database and Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Participate in special projects including occasional campus visits and industry networking events
- Be an enthusiastic and engaged member of a highly functioning recruitment team that looks to continuously innovate, improve and drive tangible business results
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in full life-cycle recruitment for experienced hires in scientific or technology fields or relevant experience in a scientific role (chemical engineering, chemistry, product development, research & innovation, advanced research) with a passion for talent acquisition & the desire to learn how to be a top tier recruiter.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, interview and asses talent against leadership competencies and technical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and business writing communication skills
- Ability to strategically source candidates including fluency in LinkedIn Recruiter, CRM and ATS systems and across social media platforms
- Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive date and information on a regular basis
- Sensitivity to luxury, lifestyle and or aesthetic-oriented brands ideal
- Sound decision-making skills, hands-on work style and strong influencing skills
- Highly organized team player with ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.