eCommerce Product & Acceleration
MANAGER, eCOMMERCE & UX DESIGNER
Hudson Yards, NYC
L'Oreal offers all eligible employees two days of work from home a week in addition to excellent benefits and an innovative and inclusive company culture. We have in place full covid19 safety protocols and are monitoring the situation daily. As of today, employees should expect to be in the office on a regularly scheduled basis and therefore, we cannot accept candidates that are remote or fully work from home.
The eCommerce Product team is dedicated to creating seamless and configurable eCommerce experiences to support the needs of all Loreal direct-to-consumer brands. As the UX Designer, you’ll join the product team as a key partner to the business and technical team members. As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you will identify and set eCommerce User Experience strategy & best practices, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft and design fidelity to guide research and design processes and collaborate with business leaders and engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all our brands in the US.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to –
- Partner with the product team to define product strategy and turn business requirements into functional designs.
- Translate brand style guides and UX-defined components to re-usable assets in the form of Sketch libraries and re-usable code.
- Contribute to scaling a system of components and patterns that will allow Designers and Developers to focus on product-level problems and ship high quality work efficiently and consistently.
- Create and deliver new concepts, user journeys, experience maps, wireframes, prototypes and design specifications for web experiences. Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our teams while accounting for a wide variety of scenarios.
- Deliver and maintain pixel-perfect Sketch libraries for Designers, and specs for Developers
- Collaborate closely with Designers, Front End Developers, and Product Managers to develop and ship the system.
- Anticipate how aspects of the system will be used, and design for the best default user experience.
- Advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business and engineering.
- Partner with Business teams to identify test and learn opportunities for continuous optimization of the eCommerce product.
- Advocate for the US market’s business and UX needs in a global ecosystem.
- Partner with brands to solve UX challenges based on existing or new designs.
- Participate in sprint planning and roadmap discussions and collaborate with product management team on feature requirements and specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The accomplished individual will possess –
- 3-5 years of visual and interaction design experience
- Previous experience in building scalable ecommerce design systems
- A portfolio featuring digital design work with a focus on direct to consumer ecommerce
- Experience shipping digital products (web, apps or software), ecommerce agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with modern design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Figma, Abstract)
- Awareness of data and research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research experts
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to set clear design guidelines and principles
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- Able to work well in a large organization with many partners
- Able to articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
- Able to translate technical requirements into simple, engaging designs
- Track record of leading design on significant projects involving multiple teams
- Highly refined aesthetic sense, and an insatiable curiosity to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with UI/UX design principles and current trends.
- A history of impactful projects that showcase your design process
- Fast learner, collaborative team player with a bias towards action
- Familiarity with eCommerce terminology and tools
- Excellent verbal communicator with strong writing skills
- The ability to be a team player as well as to clearly articulate, educate, engage, inspire, influence, and make people smile
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR