Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 18 Months
Start Dates: July 2020/Jan 2021
Application Deadline: 29th November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £30,000 per annum
We realise that people are different; that’s why we’ll create an individually tailored management training programme just for you. Each year we offer up to 28 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 5 business areas. The scheme lasts for one year and is made up of two or three, placements across a variety of different roles, thereby giving you a unique overview of how different functions and divisions operate. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong footing in your career with us.
If you want to learn about consumer goods marketing from one of the very best in the business, then this is the place to do it. Every year, we launch hundreds of new products into this fiercely competitive market, and as a graduate on our scheme you will have the opportunity to work across any of our 27 global brands.
Take one of our fragrance launches, Diesel “Only the Brave”. One of our graduates played a very real part in this launch campaign, liaising directly with agencies on point of sale merchandise before negotiating prices with retailers, to ensure that the whole launch was a major success from day one. And it worked … Diesel “Only the Brave” turned out to be the UK’s biggest fragrance launch ever for L’Oréal!
So it goes without saying that working as a marketer for us requires reserves of ambition and resilience to realise your brand’s vision in a challenging market. You will need to think on your feet to manage ever-changing deadlines and you will need to combine a flair for strategic and creative thinking in order to come up with new ideas to penetrate the market and create a successful launch campaign for your brand.
- Manage projects; including adaptation of international product concepts/advertising to the UK
- Designing; briefing artwork agencies on designs for product packaging and point of sale materials and supporting the process through design and print until the materials reach the retailer
- Brainstorm new ingredient and name ideas, reviewing product submissions, evaluating the beauty market and voting on final product names and packaging
- Perform a competitor analysis: pricing and market awareness/tracking
- Budget; forecasting costs accurately, tracking spend and ability to save costs where appropriate
- Sense of initiative and problem solving
- An ability to work to deadlines whilst under pressure
- Good all-round performer with emphasis on creativity and numerical skill.
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency
- Able to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Graduated within the last 2 years
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.