Job: Material Handler / Forklift Operator 24/7 (Day Shift)
Department: Warehouse, Mfg.
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Shift: 24/7 schedule (12-hour rotating schedule)
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Responsible and accountable for safe and efficient operation of forklift, transtacker and other powered material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stack merchandise, including gasoline and liquefied gas. Remove electric powered MHE equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products, equipment, or materials. May be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, transtacker, clamp truck, or other powered equipment
- Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned equipment
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and OHSA standards
- Receiving/ Putaway
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Pick components and collateral materials for production, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is transferred to the Units of Production.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Efficiently and safely move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars, trailers or containers
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Report quality variances
- Safety, Housekeeping, Security
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Comply with OHSA and other applicable standards. Report issues and problems to Management
- Will support and abide by the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained
- Assist in physical inventories
- Ensure proper stock rotation
- Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions
- Value-Add Services
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
- Handle, reach, feel, perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and performing gross motor manipulations involved in changing pallets, manipulating forklift controls, climbing in and out of forklift
- Drive a forklift/trans-stacker up to 40 feet above ground;
- Operate a computer terminal
- Use hand held scanning devices
- Operate stretch wrap machines, pallet up-ender, and scales
- Have working knowledge of items produced and the system for their storage and shipment;
- Work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills
- Perform the physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section
- Communicate well with other employees and supervisors
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to read packing slips/invoices/labels/computer screen and hear warning alarms
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime
- Complete written and performance forklift certification tests
- Demonstrate good attendance
Technical / Professional Competencies:
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience: 1 year experience in warehouse environment
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important. Familiarity with MHE is required. Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Special Requirements: Must have responsible work habits. Must meet OSHA and company requirements for MHE training and certification. Overtime is required periodically. Perform special projects as assigned. Obtain L’Oreal forklift certification.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.