The maintenance mechanic has the responsibility for making repairs, upkeep, and monitoring all facility operatives including: the conveyor sortation system, the loose pick system, regular facility equipment including phone, bathrooms, utilities and other assorted equipment.
- Schedules, implements, expedites and oversees repairs, preventative maintenance and renovations of electrical, plumbing, building, telephone, fire prevention, conveyor and computer systems for Distribution Center.
- Completes safety validations
- Setting up conference rooms
- Works with outside vendors to select the most efficient equipment and supplies that will provide excellent service to the facility
- Individual must understand the general operation and function of a major Distribution Center
- Aid in emergency preparedness as it relates to weather and safety
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-4 years experience in a maintenance/ facilities/ mechanical role
- Experience in a commercial and industrial environment, including battery charging, forklifts, electrical panels and lighting
- Experience with conveyor systems, PLC’s, motor controls, pneumatic devices and hydraulic equipment is a plus.
- Electrical and conveyor knowledge
- General knowledge of the following:
- Pertinent OSHA rules and regulation
- Plumbing, painting and carpentry
- Alarm systems, locks and door hardware
- Must have excellent organizational skills with both paperwork and the inventory of parts and equipment
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize daily work loads
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with office personnel and all levels of management.
- PC knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends.
- Must be available on an after hour on-call basis.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work from ladders and from heights.
- Will need to obtain L’Oreal forklift certification
- Assists with special projects as required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.