The Account Manager of Customer Supply Chain - L’Oréal Professional Products Division US, will have responsibility for strategic Retailer(s), oversight of Stock in Trade and consignment inventory channel allocation strategies. They will own key data analytics by Retailer(s) reporting into the AVP of Customer Supply Chain - L’Oréal Professional Product Division. The role will interface with leaders within the customer organization, commercial sales organization, Supply Chain and Finance.
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in CPG Supply Chain with 3+ years of replenishment/retail supply chain experience
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate with internal and external senior management and influencing skills at senior management level
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data into actionable insights and optimizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Able to manage indirect and functional relationships
- Ideally, this Role will have experience in broader supply chain functions and be well-versed in driving change through collaboration of these functions with the commercial organization.
- Proficient knowledge of demand planning and supply planning systems/tools as well as SAP and other recognized ERP systems.
- Outstanding data management skills. Expert level in Microsoft Office suite applications and experience with
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own stock in trade, on shelf availability and service metrics for assigned retailer/channel in order to provide recommendations regarding business tactics and vendor/retailer performance.
- Support transverse reporting/analytics for Customer Supply Chain
- Responsible for the overall stock levels and ensuring availability of the appropriate product mix of stock in the stores
- Ability to lead cross functional onboarding of new channel, customer distribution and CSC initiatives.
- Oversight of FSS channel allocation/replenishment activity including monitoring of inventory levels, allocation strategy in coordination with channel Marketing and Sales leads.
- Act as a liaison between the Sales, PPD Customer Care, PPD Supply Chain and Retailer supply chain teams.
- Determine and implement priority of logistical initiatives with Retailers. Quantify business benefits and help drive efficiencies.
- Develop customized strategies providing high customer service levels and reduced cost and long-term business value.
- Responsible for the efficient flow of product from supplier to customers, ensuring clear communication of gaps / misses and planning remediation and recurrence prevention.
- Participate and/or lead Logistics meetings with assigned accounts in person or via conference call.
- Publish reports to ensure initiatives and executions are progressing as planned.
- Evaluate and implement new initiatives requested by key account(s).
- Involved in special projects associated with Retailer(s) in order to provide cost analysis and recommendations for continuous improvements (i.e., returns, replenishment, launches).
- Presents divisional initiatives to customer and ensures timely execution of projects.
- Develop and maintain strong business partnership with Sales, Demand Planning, Category management and the Retailer.
- Normal expected travel is 15%- (Retailer field offices, actual retailer locations, L’Oréal and customer distribution facilities).
- The strategic objective of the role will be to optimize the flow of qualitative and quantitative information between L’Oréal Professional Products Division and its retailer/distributor channel management to improve planning and forecasting processes and making recommendations to the customer with regard to its supply chain processes for L’Oréal Professional Products Division (strategic collaboration, long term plan alignments, JBP support, sell-in/sell-out analytics, stock in trade insights and recommendations, service, on shelf availability and general end-to-end Supply Chain collaboration)
- Tactically, this position will drive improved on time and fill rate performance, optimized inventory positions, help business short-term decisions and drive excellent on-shelf availability.
- The individual will support the development and execution of a vision for Supply Chain collaboration with critical retailers.
- S/he will ensure added value to the S&OP process, helping drive bottom up customer forecast provision via Sales leadership into the National Demand Plan, in collaboration with the US Planning team, into the Exec S&OP process.
- This role has the responsibility to communicate effectively both internally and externally regarding issues and initiatives, building a collaborative environment where information is shared efficiently and effectively.
- The role will oversee a three-pronged coordination:
- End-to-End L’Oréal Operations to Professional Products Division Retailer Supply Chain
- L’Oréal Professional Products Division Retail Supply Chain to L’Oréal Professional Products Division Commercial teams.
- L’Oréal Professional Products Division Supply Chain to the Retailer or consignee Supply Chain
- In addition to pursuing technical innovation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the information flows, s/he will also be responsible for attracting, developing and upgrading talent to build a best in class supply chain function facing the Retailer.
- In summary, s/he will serve as owner of the supply chain function at the interface of the retailer and L’Oréal Professional Products Division.