Mgr – Human Resources (HRBP), Research & Innovation
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oréal means joining our mission of offering all people worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Human Resources Business Partner (Manager – HR), to join our Human Resources department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. The Manager, HRBP will report to the VP, HR and will be responsible for partnering with our AVP HRBPs to support our Upstream, Downstream and Corporate Research and Innovation teams. These teams represent departments such as Advanced Research, Development, Augmented Beauty, Direction Innovation, Finance, Sourcing, Legal, Patents and many more! The person in this role will also be responsible for being the direct HRBP of our Early Career Professional population inclusive of our Management Trainees and Interns. They will also be the program manager for our strategic Management Trainee, Summer Intern and STEM Intern programs in partnership with our Corporate team and local HR and Leadership teams. They will be responsible for all HR initiatives for their respective client group and will be working with corporate HR teams, our global & local R&I HR teams and R&I leadership to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage employees while aligning with the overall R&I business strategy.
Responsibilities of an HR Business Partner:
- Trusted Advisor: Partner with key business leaders in translating business strategy into People initiatives that drive business success and contribute to meaningful careers at L’Oreal/LUSA/R&I
- Team Effectiveness/Change Management: Help develop the organization in line with business objectives and contribute to organizational strategy.
- Succession Planning: Prepare and contribute to the Talent Review process by developing collective succession plans in conjunction with Business Partner leaders, VP- HR and AVPs - HR
- Employee Development: Strategically manage careers, in partnership with Leaders and HRBPS, on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities and assisting with the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Workforce Planning: Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Financial Management: Manage Headcount and Compensation Costs across your respective departments, ensuring accuracy in both forecasting and actual allocation and spend
- Recruitment: Approve candidates for interview; participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions.
- Onboarding and Integration: Oversee the onboarding and integration of all new employees within population and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee Relations: Translate work environment vision, provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management and contribute to creation of employee events.
- Retention Strategies: Analyze, identify and direct recommendations on retention program policies.
- Performance Plans: Monitor PIP and other disciplinary programs and actions, including coaching and employee terminations.
- HR Policies and Programs: Assure compliance while helping to facilitate programs focusing on strategic change, training, team building, diversity, and inclusion
Judgment and Decision Making:
- This position requires minimal supervision. An ideal candidate would be able to work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term HR objectives. Training and supervision will be provided by manager, HR team and through corporate training initiatives to foster continued career growth and development.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting of 5-10 pounds for generic office based work
You Have . . .
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 3+ yrs of related HR generalist experience required.
- Preference for those who have supported scientific employee client groups (3+ years experience) and those who have direct HR Busines Partner experience with early career professional program management.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and service orientation with a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Strategic thinking – must have manager level knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen – must have the ability to understand business objectives for our division, product categories, retail dynamics, competitors, market trends and consumers and how all of these factors impact and drive our people strategies.
- Change management – must have ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change.
- Compensation – must have manager level understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same.
- Legal – must have manager level understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity along with understanding of relevant employment policies, laws and practices such as ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
L’Oréal Human Resources Competences:
- Operational Master – Delivers a service of excellence
- People Champion – Builds a diverse team of champions
- Change Agent – Anticipates and facilitates change
- Strategic Business Driver – Transforms business challenges into HR Strategy
- Innovator – Invent life changing beauty experiences
- Strategist – Shape the future and make the way
- Entrepreneur – Run it as your own business
- Integrator – Foster co-operation for agility
- People Developer – Grow people to grow business
You Are . . .
- Passionate about human resources and being part of a best in class team creating a diverse, inclusive and amazing place to work.
- Able to think and plan strategically, with the ability to be creative and think “outside the box”.
- Able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members to achieve department goals & objectives.
- Someone who can prioritize multiple projects while working with various groups within a matrix organization.
- Able to work in international, multi-disciplinary environments with extensive worldwide networks and global teams.
- A clear and strategic communicator to expert and non-expert audiences alike (oral, written, presentations).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.