Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
- Lead a team of professional engineers, inspectors and a supervisor in the Industrial Quality Component and Finished Good Lab continually encouraging 100% employee enablement and engagement.
- Ensure the quality fundamentals of the lab and the plant by managing and enforcing the compliance to ISO, GMPs, FDA, DGO regulations.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices.
- Provide onboarding, training, coaching, development and support to ensure all laboratory personnel are competent in the areas of Quality, EHS, L’Oreal methods/procedures so they may effectively carry out their roles and responsibilities.
- Support the supervisor and team in the daily activity of the lab through prioritization and driving productivity projects. The daily activity can include tasks to ensure compliance and the testing and reporting on components and finished goods.
- Collaborate with Quality Leadership team to define the strategy of the department and develop the masterplan to implement that strategy.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (ex. UP) to support the plant strategies, priorities and ensure the quality culture and compliance across the plant.
- Manage the Indirect budget pertaining to the Lab. Be a good financial steward.
- Define the equipment strategy for the lab and purchase and implement new equipment.
- Manage the recruiting of new hires for the Lab.
- Drive RCA/CAPA/trending for quality incidents, component and finished good non-conformances, and waivers.
- Support external audits and drive collaboration with Component and CM vendors.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related science.
- 5+ years’ experience in a related industry, cosmetic experience preferred. Must have experience in dealings with FDA and/or Equivalent audits.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to act with confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate excellent people management skills including the ability to develop a team of individuals capable of producing extraordinary results.
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, and database management.
- Must have strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.