This position is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing all supply chain activity for new product launches in an open manufacturing environment. In this capacity, you will have the unique opportunity to interface with our virtual manufacturing constituencies on reducing barriers to manufacturing innovation, speed and affordability. This leadership role offers substantive career development experience and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- Serve as the single point of contact for your catalog as it relates to the launch process both with internal stakeholders as well as directly with the contract manufacturers
- Evaluate project timelines and provide feedback to the Division(s) in terms of feasibility
- Challenge projects kicked-off outside of our Open Manufacturing operating model and scope
- Manage launch projects throughout timeline from initial brief through launch quantity delivery; drive adherence to the 100% on-time, in-full (OTIF) launch KPI
- Provide solutions to bottlenecks impeding launch implementation and optimal supply management, alert of risk to divisional partners.
- Partner with Master Scheduling team to ensure accuracy of the systematic validation of our plan (ensuring the plan submitted to our internal stakeholders aligns with agreements made with contract manufacturer)
- Track the execution of the monthly production plans in collaboration with subcontractors and callout risk in case of nonrealization of the plan (achievement & adherence KPI)
- Analyze forward looking production plans to ensure we have the technical right to achieve these units as well as analyze past executional constraints to ensure the correct solutions are implemented to avoid in the future.
- Manage code creation and master data for new programs and existing portfolio, utilizing systems and shared tools.
- Track component orders, component receipts, and excess and obsolete inventory triggered by forecast changes
- Analyze the production plan agreements with the system extracts to ensure that quantities support the systematic needs and challenge back internal teams if we see misalignments to avoid shortages or excess/obsolete inventory.
- Ensure successful launch to basic hand-off with correct master data setup and clarity surrounding history and critical next steps for basic planner to take over management of the SKU
- Serve as a driver of launch-wide initiatives within OMA, identifying new areas of opportunity and assigning across the launch organization
- Lead key strategic launch process projects and engage necessary cross-functional partners to gain alignment, drive sustainable solutions, and implement with the full team(s); build the timeline for project execution and implementation
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for continuous flow of operations
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain discipline required
- 5 + years management experience in a high-performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarm
Leadership Behaviors and Competencies Required:
We lead this way to empower everyone to contribute to our mission of Beauty for All
- Lead with: Trust, Respect, Inspiration, Collaboration Clarity and Courage
- Innovator: Ability to demonstrate curiosity and challenge the status quo
- Strategist: Ability to build a shared vision and strategic frame
- Entrepreneur: Take initiative with courage and transparency
- Integrator: Listens and communicates effectively, networks
- People Developer: takes charge of own development and fosters learning
Technical / Professional
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel
- Ability to manage change and complexity, provide program management, and achieve results
- Ability to track production to plan
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.