Manager Media Relations & PR Engagement
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 36 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Makeup, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Carol’s Daughter, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities and brand headquarters across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com or follow on Twitter @LOrealUSA.
L’Oréal USA’s Corporate Communications team is looking for a highly motivated Media Relations & Influencer Engagement Manager to develop and execute media engagement strategies that enhance L’Oréal’s corporate reputation in the US.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Media Relations and Influencer Engagement, this position will collaborate with cross-functional business areas and the company’s more than 30 beauty brands to evaluate media, event, recognition and thought leadership opportunities that increase the visibility and vocal leadership of the company.
The team is seeking a creative and strategic storyteller who is passionate about conceptualizing newsworthy moments that drive business value for the organization. The Media Relations & Influencer Engagement Manager must possess strong project management skills in order to work across diverse corporate programs and initiatives, leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within priority business and industry media to support the team’s efforts. We are looking for someone that shares our start-up mentality –willing to roll up their sleeves and proactively contribute to the team’s mission every day.
- Manage day-to-day media relations activities including drafting press materials, preparing messaging, pitching, planning and fielding press requests
- Foster relationships with priority media while continually building new relationships with key journalists and influencers
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across the company to evaluate media, event, recognition and thought leadership opportunities
- Partner with social media and internal communications counterparts to ensure cohesive communications strategies across audience targets
- Maintain and organize team calendar of initiatives, press events, speaking engagements, awards submissions and editorial calendars
- Assist with the management of agencies and act as project manager with key vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field required
- 4-6 years of public relations experience, in-house or at an agency required. Corporate Communications experience preferred
- 4+ years drafting media assets, including press releases, media alerts, talking points, fact sheets and briefing documents – and communicating regularly with journalists, editors and producers
- Proven track record securing strategic media coverage and executing successful PR campaigns
- Solid understanding of business dynamics and ability to work at the highest levels in a corporate environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, adapt quickly and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.