General responsibilities include management of facility operations that include safety, on time shipping and receiving of orders, accurate orders, and inventory, achieve productivity and cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is always tour ready condition.
- Provide leadership to the warehouse team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
- Responsible for ensuring that all team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
- Manage the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for achieving on time shipment and receiving of orders
- Accountable for shipping and receiving accurate orders
- Ensure the achievement of continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes, and driving change.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy
- Always ensure tour like housekeeping condition
- Recommends equipment requirements and replacements to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain forklift fleet by working closely with forklift service provider.
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
- Oversee forklift training program and adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Ensures that OHSAS 45001 Certification requirements are met
- Must be able to adjust work schedule as work demands dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5-7 years of people and warehouse leadership experience. Must have prior experience managing 50+ people.
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
· Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs required.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of SAP or Manhattan a plus.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations, inventory control principles, and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
- Exhibits strong teamwork, leadership and communication skills and possesses the ability to effectively manage change in a dynamic work environment.
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization including contractors and visitors.
· Technical problem solving
· Ability to multi-task
· Attention to detail
· Interacts Effectively