The Sr. Manager/ Manager of Maintenance, has overall responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of facility utility systems, buildings and grounds to eliminate interruptions to ongoing operations and to support growth and modernization goals. Manages contractors, service providers and in house maintenance staff. Develops and administers budget, ensures projects are completed on schedule, and supervises staff.
- Oversee all preventive maintenance programs for all utility, buildings and grounds
- Comply with Franklin permitting program, meet all OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Oversee/assure optimal functionality of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, DI Water System, Steam network, generators, etc.)
- Support all facilities improvement projects and oversee all ongoing maintenance in office, factory, warehouse and dock areas.
- Oversee vendors (landscaping, janitorial, security services, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and maintenance staff)
- Ensure that all requirements relating to Franklin safety program are respected
- Ensure adherence of Company Risk Management Policies/Procedures
- Use the CMMS system to properly document maintenance tasks, work instructions and good management reports.
- Maintain a log on the history of repairs by type of equipment and develop improvement priorities based on trends
- Develop operating & capital budgets. Identify and implement cost savings initiatives
- Develop, coach direct report improving their skill sets.
- Recommend, justify, develop, and coordinate projects that modernize facility
- Ensure all Corporate Insurance requirements are adhered to for vendors/contractors
- Respond to after-hours facilities related emergencies and determine appropriate course of action to resolve issues
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned by management
Bachelor’s/Master degree in Engineering discipline or 10+ years plant facilities experience required
- 4 – 6 years plant maintenance experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Strong chemical plant maintenance, facilities management and contractor management experience.
- Experience in flammable/XP rated environment.
- Certification in Lean 6 Sigma is a plus.
- Plant maintenance experience to include boilers, chillers, DI water systems, electrical equipment, compressor, HVAC, waste water treatment, pest control, building cleaning and processing equipment.
- Strong experience with facility trades including carpentry, electric, plumbing and millwright. Experience with material handling equipment, office renovations, and general building maintenance (roofing, floors, overhead doors, etc.)
- Strong safety orientation.
- Knowledge of CMMS system strongly desired
- Strong teamwork orientation and a strong customer service attitude is essential to this position.
Judgement & Decision Making
- Develop strategic plans for infrastructure improvement.
- Develop project justifications, scope of work definitions and conduct bidding.
- Maintain project schedules, budgets and meeting minutes.
- Supervise contractor activity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.