The Customer Supply Chain Manager is responsible for driving collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment with the external customer; along with driving and collaborating with the business for S&OP process at the customer level. This role will influence the customer’s forecast, plan and execute events, and lead the customer supply relationship. Utilizing customer systems and joint business targets, the role will analyze data trends to support the business planning and execution processes through accurate forecasting. This role will also coordinate the customer consensus process, delivering an accurate customer demand plan input to L’Oréal national operating plans. The role has direct responsibility for developing new product launch forecasts in collaboration with the commercial teams, and then communicating, controlling, and measuring the consensus new launch forecast until transition to the basic catalog. The planner will monitor launch performance weekly and recommend adjustments to the national plan. Furthermore, the planner will be a key team member in customer collaboration initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative business discipline
- 3+ years work experience preferably within a CPG industry; direct forecasting, and modeling preferred
- Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, advanced MS Excel; experience with a forecast modeling tool preferred; experience with SAP, Anaplan, Oracle Essbase helpful; experience in customer retail systems (Retail Link, JDA, etc.) preferred
- Effective communication skills with an ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment are essential; solid negotiation and customer relationship management skills required
- Ability to understand impact of decisions and changes on end to end supply chain and to convert strategy into results
- Demonstrated analytical approach to management of supply chain interface between supplier and the customer, root-causing constraints and service issues, and providing solutions
- Working knowledge of:
- Use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
- Data management/databases
- OLAP tools
- Mass market retail environment
- Consumer marketing
- Supply chain operations
- Sales operations and CPG commercial strategies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop accurate collaborative demand (consumption and shipment) and inventory forecasts for a designated Customer scope
- Curate and deliver the S&OP process at the customer level
- Focus on accuracy of demand plan for important promotional events and new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations in collaboration with the customer.
- Analyze historical sales data and future plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts. Using projected demand plans, work towards continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan.
- Ensure that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the customer and sales team.
- Identify opportunities to increase retail sales, drive shipment volume for L’Oréal, and reduce unproductive inventory and/or returns
- Proactively monitor and manage subscribed store in stock through a standard cadence
- Proactively monitor and analyze end to end process to ensure that we are delivering Walmart orders on time and in full
- Ad hoc analysis from Walmart and Commercial Teams
- Recommend opportunities to achieve end to end supply chain cost savings
- Shows Curiosity
- Desire to dig deep into problems and understand them; desire to create insights and solutions
- Welcomes new and different ideas with an open mind
- Challenges own work with flexibility and integrates changes
- Manages Complexity-
- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail critical (Focuses on Quality, Focuses on Results, Reasons from Multiple Perspectives)
- Interacts Effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate across multiple departments and in customer interactions
- Actively networks across functions and sub-functions to build productive relationships
- Balanced & calm demeanor in face of challenges and adversity
- Takes Initiative
- Ability to work well autonomously
- “Ownership” of work product and desire to take work to “next level”
- Comfortable leading initiatives and managing individuals from a project basis.
- Focuses on Results
- Sets priorities in own work and manages time effectively- strong multi-tasking ability
- Reacts in a constructive manner when faced with unexpected or unclear situations
- Adjusts priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate, reacts to the latest data
- Sensitive to deadlines- proactive in communicating deviations from deadlines
- Directly interacts with Customers (Retailer & Sales)
- Highly empathetic in understanding customer POV
- Business maturity to balance customer: company goals and priorities
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.