L’Oréal strives to win over another one billion consumers around the world by innovating and creating products that meet the infinite diversity of our consumer’s needs, and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people with unexpected ideas, the ability to challenge the status quo, and are ready to shape and disrupt the future of beauty. “Run it as your own business” is our mantra. Got what it takes? We are currently looking for a Business Administrator in Oslo.
As Business Administrator (BADM) your role is to create, maintain and ensure that administrative processes run smoothly and stable within the country. The BADM furthermore ensures that specific key administrative processes to local needs and requirements as well as that processes are widely known and executed in the country's organization. Besides working primarily together with the entire sales organization (Business Unit Manager, Key Account Managers, Retail Brand Managers) the BADM also collaborates with Nordic HUB BADM team as well as for campaign reports and pricing, with Portfolio and Nordic Customer Service.
The role reports to both Business Unit Manager and Business Administration Director.
- Campaign planning process: BADM must ensure that the campaign planning is understood and respected in the country according to sales cycle planning
- Campaign process and campaign reports: BADM must monitor each campaign in the country and follow-up together with Key Account Managers and Retail Brand Managers in order to ensure that the launch and promo sell-in takes place according to the sell-in deadlines, as agreed in the portfolio delivery planning schedule
- Do weekly order entry follow-up management and sharing, handle campaign reports and adjustments and align with Key Account Manager and customer service around informing changes to customers
- Be responsible for adapting the DNSF catalogue order sheets to local needs
- Do system and data management ex. customer master data management and customer catalogue management
- Do seasonal return handling
- Further develop the processes. Recommend business administrative handlings in order to simplify processes – across countries as well as towards portfolio and customer service
- Ensure documentation of working processes that are adapted to local country
- Onboard and follow-up trainings to newcomers on launch and promotion planning cycles, BMS launch and promotion planning, BMS cubes, BMS master data, Boost
- Having 2-3 years of experience within; account management/ business administration/category manager (FMCG & Beauty/Fashion Retail background is a plus)
- Excel superuser
- Having knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in both Norwegian and English
- Able to understand processes and translate into systems (launch intro, FC, BMS etc.)
- Having business knowledge and ideally customer knowledge
- Having a hands-on and pro-active approach and a strong willingness to drive results
We are looking for our Business Administrator to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply for a job at L’Oréal no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion, or sexual orientation
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, L’Oréal Norway counting for 140 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 32 billion euros in 2021, and e-commerce growing by 26% accounting for a record high 28,9% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the sixth time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2021, L’Oréal was for the 4th consecutive year ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.