Job Title: National Account Manager – SkinCeuticals
Location: West Coast
Reporting to the Director of National Accounts, the National Account Manager (NAM) will identify, negotiate business relationship for potential national, local and/or chain accounts for the SkinCeuticals for the brand. The NAM will develop and implement strategies, training programs, promotional programs and business plans that will increase the brands’ success, while taking into consideration the needs of each national/local account and respecting the brands’ image. The NAM will constantly ensure that the brand has a maximized presence at the point of sale in order to win market share. As a talented negotiator, the NAM’s initiatives must respect the specific needs of each account, while ensuring the growth of the brand.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
The basic duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the National Accounts process that includes prospecting new business, opening new accounts, planning account business, presenting account business plans, continuous follow-up to ensure brand objective and monitoring and evaluating sales results.
- Develop and maintain high visibility with major key account buyers, key decision-makers and decision-influencers; leveraging the power of SkinCeuticals’ market position against competitive threats to achieve business opportunities.
- Utilize strategic thinking to solve problems, capitalize on business opportunities and communicate crucial market, trade and competitive information to SkinCeuticals senior management, proposing potential solutions and actions steps.
- Achieve company and account objectives by managing the promotional calendar and marketing plans to promote our products via the best promotional vehicles, with particular emphasis on sell-through to ensure effective trade spending. Evaluate promotions using fact-based selling tools.
- Ensure roll-out program is correctly executed and is aligned with brand strategy
- Achieve annual corporate objectives by developing and executing account-specific business development plans that are aligned with consumer and media support plans set by Marketing, and within corporate guidelines.
- Provide senior management with accurate monthly forecasts that include gross sales, returns and markdowns for each assigned customer.
- Grow profitable sales volume and market share in line with corporate guideline.
- Prepare and deliver account presentations utilizing all Sales and Marketing data, to support the SkinCeuticals strategy.
- Develop a strong customer rapport and build relationships through planned headquarter calls decision-makers.
- Utilize available resources, including sales and marketing data, industry and account information, demographic information, etc. to help forecast business and prepare account presentations.
- Work with senior management to develop merchandising objectives and research current merchandising practices.
- Work with senior management on development of account specific point-of-purchases materials.
- Provide efficient and effective management of all assigned budgets.
- Participate in Competitive Intelligence Project and work with sales management and marketing to identify key sales strategies to address emerging trends
- Work closely with sales management and marketing to launch corporate partnership with other device and equipment manufacturers to expand SkinCeuticals leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in account management and sales management role and/or in the sale of skin care products to the spa, medi-spa, dermatology or plastic surgery markets.
- Requires effective interpersonal, organizational and analytical abilities.
- Must be well versed in business and trade, drug channel and specialty store channels.
- Proactive, decision-maker, autonomous
- Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
- Must effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communication business information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a safe driving record.
- Requires the ability to travel overnight. Up to 75% travel required and work occasional weekends during rollout phase.
- Requires personal computer skills to include solid knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be enthusiastic, dedicated and energetic in building this new business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.