Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
For a company like L'Oréal, press coverage, PR events and working with influencers is at the heart of everything we do. Representing our 35 international brands, each with its own voice is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity.
Whether it’s a PR launch, help with organising an influencer trip, or coming up with ideas for a creative PR mailout, you’ll be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
Working in the press office, you will help us to portray our brands in the best way possible to the press. This may include liaising day to day on specific products or offers to readers, or managing large-scale events. As an intern, your principal accountability would be to provide support to the press office in ensuring the smooth running of day to day business. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team, with exposure to senior management.
- Manage product mail-outs, coming up with creative ideas for sendouts to encourage social sharing and press coverage
- Manage our media lists
- Help with supporting PR and influencer events, from PR launches to trips
- Work with external PR agency on a day to day basis
- Handle press calls & liaising with journalists
- Monitor influencers, newspapers and magazines for coverage and scanning for distribution, to share PR teams wins with the wider teams
- Help the team with social media, this could be captions, taking images for social channels and scheduling
- Ordering of product, stationary orders, post and couriers & press cuttings
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the beauty business
- Understanding of communications tools
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
- Have a technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.