L’Oréal has been at the top of the cosmetics business for over 100 years, and is one of the largest FMCG companies in the world. Beauty and personal care have always been part of civilization. As soon as needs for shelter and food are met, people will invest their money in beauty and personal care. This makes our business strategic and impactful. Today, one billion consumers all over the world use our products and we aim to reach a billion new consumers by 2020. With our 27 brands we meet different consumer needs and we believe that with our diverse product portfolio we contribute to confidence and self-esteem.
For the luxe Division of L’Oréal we are looking for a Public relations manager Benelux. In this position you are responsible for defining the communication strategy to develop the brand image, its visibility and reinforce locally its reputation over time.
Furthermore you’ll be responsible for:
DEVELOP BRAND VISIBILITY & ADVOCACY
· Manage media relations, including influencers.
· Manage international assets: spokesperson and ambassadors interviews.
· Develop the brand image and visibility locally: Adapt locally the corporate positioning of the Brand: philanthropy, sponsoring and develop local initiatives in line with the international strategy.
BRAND PR STRATEGY
· Build and implement a 360° external communication strategy in consistency with the international brand communication strategy and the local business strategy for the entity
· Develop a local communication plan in collaboration with the Marketing teams
· Implement integrated communication campaigns on major product launches and brand events.
· Identify issues related to the brand and anticipate crisis.
· Manage the PR budget.
GENERATE BREAKTHROUGH BRAND CONTENT TO ENGAGE STAKEHOLDERS & CONSUMERS
· Develop the brand image and awareness.
· Imagine targeted and disruptive content for all supports: print, pictures, video, social media.
· Produce quality material image and editorial with rigorous excellence.
· Think of integrated campaigns that work.
BRAND COMMUNICATION KPIs TO LEVERAGE BUSINESS
· Develop day-to-day opportunities and analyze media evolution, new trends and competition activities consumer insights and data.
· Analyze data, KPIs to provide business drivers.
· Synthetize and share multiple information with judgment & leadership.
· Use day-to-day digital knowledge & metrics (Websites, Tracking, search)
DIFFUSION AND DEVELOPMENT OF PR RELATED MATERIALS
· Collect, analyze, shape and manage the PR materials for the Benelux market.
· If needed create local PR material which is adapted to the international guidelines.
· Send novelties to journalists and influencers in order to leverage a maximal amount of free editorial return.
PR EVENTS AND PR TRIPS
· Create memorable experiences for media and influencers.
· Create and organize PR events and PR trips according to the communication strategy:
o Manage the full production of PR events together with external agencies.
o Manage the full organization of PR trips and entertain your guests while you are there.
· Ensure development of expertise and know-how with interns to support organizational changes.
· Manage external agencies when needed.
· Work closely with the other PR managers on a daily basis
On the personal side, we appreciate the next qualities:
· Effective communication, interpersonal and network skills.
· Attention for image impact with an excellent client service attitude.
· Eye for detail, affinity with cosmetics, luxury, fashion and lifestyle.
· Sensitivity with the organization alongside self-confidence and control.
· Flexibility in a constantly changing multinational environment.
· Problem-solving abilities, can-do, hands-on attitude.
· Proactive, able to work independently and in a team.
· No 9-to-5 mentality, flexible in working hours.
· Flexibility due to frequent travelling between our offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, Paris Head Quarters and International press trips.
Professionally, you should be able to fill the following requirements:
· Knowledge of the Dutch and/or Belgian media landscape and journalists is a plus
· Great personal interest in social media and the development of influencers ('new media')
· Master Degree in communication and/or PR
· Perfectly multilingual Dutch-French and English, as well written as spoken
What do we offer?
· An inspiring working environment with ambitious colleagues.
· A great deal of space for individual contributions and ideas.
· A competitive salary.
· Nice extra’s like sports events and activities.
· In conclusion there is a big surplus value of working within L’Oréal. You’ll be working with many different people and positions. This gives you the opportunity to broaden your knowledge company wide.
Do you meet the requirements and are you ready for this challenge?
We are looking forward to receive your application!