L’Oreal, the world leader in beauty, is looking for a professional, motivated, and passionate person to join the US Packaging Innovation team.
You will join a highly collaborative, diverse, and experienced team. Additionally, you will become part of a global packaging community of over 200 people, with incredible access to a wealth of expertise, technical resources, and training, unrivaled in the industry.
Our Clark, New Jersey campus is continuing to evolve with leading-edge facilities that will inspire new ways of thinking and interacting. The workplace is equipped with state-of-the-art tools, including our fully integrated 3D printing lab, giving us the best tools to excel, execute and bring amazing concepts to life.
At L’Oreal, with our ever-increasing portfolio of international brands, dedication to sustainability, innovation and our ambitious goals, the global opportunities are endless.
Come and join our L’Oreal Packaging Innovation team and share your curiosity, your desire, and your talent. Together we will create the future of beauty products.
POSITION PURPOSE: HEAD OF MAKEUP TEAM INNOVATION
In this position, you will be leading a creative engineering team to invent new makeup products. Your balance of creativity and execution will foster a roadmap to drive new product development.
As the Packaging Innovation team head, you will lead, recruit, develop and organize a technical team to effectively create and deliver new innovative products to the beauty industry.
This is a pivotal position. You will be at the forefront of your technical team, front-facing to R&I, Marketing, Operations, along with various other audiences and management levels.
The mission is to successfully create innovative products that deliver an emotionally charged experience, the best product performance, and fuel L’Oreal business.
Bring an expertise in the packaging and product development field, to be able to offer a strong, viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the partners we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to shape an efficient and modern team.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present compelling vision to gather senior management’s support of the team’s ideas
- Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials, and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
- Ability to recruit, onboard, retain, develop, and lead a team of professional engineers that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the team and department
- Clearly communicate and support a team vision and coach the team members to achieve individual and department goals and objectives
- Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Creation of amazing and innovate ideas, with an understanding for the capability to transform into manufacturable products
- Knowledge of mold functionalities and molding processes
- Experience in working with a broad spectrum of materials and manufacturing
- Able to anticipate and mitigate risks to successfully transform innovation
- Knowledge of finished products manufacturing capabilities – internal to L’Oreal and external
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Manage and influence innovative design to conception and design to cost
- Management of all project milestones in technical timelines to ensure on-time transfering to the industrial teams
- Drive sustainability initiatives though conceiving the packaging of tomorrow
- Create, identify, and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & new product development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- Mascara development experience is a plus
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]lusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.