Job Title – Raw Material Planner
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Reports To: Manager, Procurement
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
Optimize levels of component/raw material inventory through the implementation of strategic supply chain agreements with suppliers and inventory management strategies. This position is responsible for implementation of strategic supply chain agreements with suppliers including material release agreements and inventory management strategies.
- Responsible for AC/raw materials order placement and verification of delivery with suppliers.
- Review Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and/or action messages to initiate supply chain requirements with focus being short to medium term (1 to 6 months).
- Consider customer priorities, UP economic constraints, and line and vessel availability in the schedule.
- Perform call-offs of AC/raw materials to ensure the feasibility of the short term plan with minimum stock coverage.
- Follow call-offs and be the first line of communication with the supplier in the event of an exception.
- Ensure the accuracy of UP inventories of all article types and oversee inventory management and the applicable reporting methods, including DOS and excess/obsolete.
- Execute Bills of Materials (BOM).
- Interact with various support groups to ensure timely new product launches and the execution of the UP’s production plan.
- Update and monitor reporting systems to ensure appropriate progress of the fixed schedule, vendor production, deliveries and launches.
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inventory differences.
- Initiate and follow-up on write-offs or rejected and obsolete materials.
- Perform other responsibilities and support projects, as required.
- Responsible for inventory management and the applicable reporting methods including DOS and excess / obsolete.
- Analyze MRP and/or action messages for procurement of supply chain requirements with the focus being short to medium term (1 to 6 months).
- Responsible for order placement and verification of delivery with suppliers over a rolling 12 month period.
- Data accuracy of item master in SAP.
- Interaction with various support groups to accomplish new product process and the execution of the UP's production plan.
- Work with Launch Managers and various support groups to accomplish the new product implementation process.
- Creation and maintenance of Logistics pre-specifications and various group methodologies.
- Reduction/prevention of E&O
- Limit/control of expiration
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain discipline required.
- 1+ year(s) of prior planning experience in a high performance manufacturing facility – cosmetics industry preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- SAP experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the company.
· APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Click HERE for a virtual tour of our Piscataway Manufacturing Plant!
To learn more about L'Oreal Operations, click here.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.