Section 1: General Information
Director – Key Accounts
Sales - Direct
(LUXE) International Designer Collections
Field Sales Vice President
| || |
Section 2: Job Summary
The Key Account Director (KAD) is responsible for the successful achievement of designated retail and net sales goals along with merchandise management within Accounts and Locations. Candidate will forecast net shipments on a weekly basis and ensure benchmarks are met. KAD will work as a liaison between Accounts and Sales Development on item set-up, shipment flow and replenishment of merchandise based on weekly sales. Director will coordinate with marketing teams and accounts to ensure that strong programs are generated to drive retail sales. The Director is expected to update, generate and analyze reports on a weekly/monthly basis to review results vs. objectives. Director will monitor retail shipments and collateral to ensure timely delivery for planned programs, events, launches and locational needs. Director will provide communication to the Field Sales Force to drive Account programs for execution of results.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- Strong sales, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong analytical skills including ability to translate sales reports
- Data Management
- Availability to travel to accounts and key markets as often as necessary to meet the business needs
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, creative
- Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying groups
- Strong computer Skills: Excel and PowerPoint
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Intermittent Supervision: Independent judgment & decision making required; Ability to follow and execute Corporate Direction
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Section 6: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
Net Shipments and Retail Sales– Achievement of Goals through:
- Analyzation of Account, Region, key SKU performances and opportunities. Conversely review poor performing SKUs
- Negotiate Open to Buy with Accounts based on business trends
- Update of Stock and Sales for opportunities
- Determine Launch Plan objectives with Accounts and communication to Field for proper execution to obtain success
- Build effective working relationships with Buying Teams within Accounts, Marketing
- Meet with Buying Team within Accounts at minimum Qtrly, preferably Mthly to plan programs and discuss business opportunities.
- Participate in Market meeting preparation and Market Appointments to plan, review and update Seasonal Calendar options
- Meet with Planning Team within Accounts to align with flow of goods, product needs or inventory strategies
- Meet with Account Event Team to determine calendar of events to support marketing, In-Store Event dates, Visual and National Makeup Artists to organize store communication, stock, visual needs etc.
- Contribute in Digital meetings with Accounts to plan coordinated exposure with In-Store promotions
- Work on forecasting and flow of basics and promotion
- Update and review shipping projections
- Review Weeks of supply on New launches and Key SKUs
- Analyze shipments vs. Sales for opportunities
- Monitor Orders for timely delivery
- Update weekly sales results to Plan
- Distribute to Field location selling on launch items or promotional items during Key periods
- Responsible for events calendar communication to Account; Compiling calendar from Education Calendar for initial communication & all updates
- S & S updates, updating order receipt information received from internal systems
- Transfer S & S information to Net Deck files
- PO Log
Order Entry and Allocation:
- Allocate Account by Location collateral for Launch Items
- Distribute Account by location Seasonal NC/NR selling tools for Beauty and Fragrance Items (GWPs, samples, blotters, testers etc)
- Input NC/NR orders into Internal Order System
- Allocate selling tools to Account Executives to drive retail sales; Roll-Up AE orders and submit to shipping plant
- Order Input Retail and NC/NR for Independent Accounts
In conjunction with VP be the liaison between Marketing, Accounts and Field Sales Team to coordinate effective programming and in store execution.
T & E and Paperwork:
Section 7: Required Competencies
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.