Inventory Control Lead
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends
Don’t miss this opportunity to join one of the largest and most recognized companies in the beauty industry! SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L´Oréal USA, is looking for an Inventory Control Lead in our Portland DC. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday 5 AM to 1:30 PM. This full time position is located at 11419 SE Foster Road Portland, OR 97266.
As an Inventory Control Lead, you will be responsible for achieving the facility objectives for order/inventory accuracy and for the accuracy of all warehouse reports. An excellent work ethic, keen eye for detail and a positive attitude are a must! Occasionally it may be necessary for this individual to work outside of their normal scheduled hours; according to business needs. Overtime must be approved by your manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Address and provide recommendations as to customer shortage claims
- Ensure there is a robust cycle count program that includes:
- Auditing targeted number of locations per year
- Measure, report, analyze data
- Lead initiatives to achieve objective level of inventory accuracy
- Accountable for accuracy and integrity of all warehouse reporting
- Responsible for managing the RTV and ADI processes
- Oversee the accurate and timely execution of Prepack Breakdowns
- Interface with PPD and Demand Planners to coordinate inventory request such as quality verifications and consolidation
- Responsible for the physical and systematic processes related to customer HazWaste and Returns
- Participates in the adherence and enforcement of the SalonCentric Safety program
- Perform audits of various operational processes that impact inventory accuracy
- Ability to lead multiple projects at one time
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Suggests methods to improve department operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Work in other areas/departments of the warehouse as required
- Train, mentor and help to oversee an inventory control clerk
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to keep up with a fast paced environment and a moderate-speed conveyor line
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 38 pounds
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Proficiency with numbers and strong basic math skills
- Ability to learn and operate various types of industrial trucks such as forklifts, scissor lifts and powered pallet jacks
- High school diploma required
- Two years’ experience using an RF scan gun required
- Prior experience using a warehouse management system required, SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team environment
- Must wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests.
- Must be willing to work overtime including weekends
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Fast paced, fun work environment
- Paid Vacation
- Paid holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, growing company with a solid history and bright future. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to match experience. Drug screen and criminal background check required.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.