Position Title: Medical Director/Principal Scientist
The Advanced Research Discovery Domain within L’Oreal Research & Innovation is responsible for driving upstream scientific and clinical innovation programs, in order to deliver new technologies with strong proven efficacy. The team has been playing a pivotal role in the Global Research & Innovation group. We build strong international research partnerships and collaborations, scout for new technologies in modern cosmetic/health sciences/Medical aesthetics fields, perform proof of concept testing for new technology innovations (active ingredients, devices, etc.), and work closely with our research partners and key opinion leaders to transform upstream technologies into consumer product opportunities.
- Lead medical/scientific exploration projects:
- Working in a global cross functional team, this position will manage internal and external acceleration programs, with a focus on skin physiology/medical aesthetics in accordance with business priorities;
- Harness scientific/aesthetic concepts and transform them into business deliverables
- Ensure all milestones are reached with the highest level of efficiency and creativity, and provide timely reports to key stake holders
- Be rigorous, ensure operation with strong scientific convictions, understand Good Clinical Practice and adhere to internal quality procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Operate in the US with a strong global connection, collaborating with worldwide R&I team in Europe, Asia, and Brazil
- Maintain strong alliance with key internal and external partners globally (Medical advisors, clinical innovation teams, in vitro discovery teams, skin care labs); Expand external partnerships and collaborations with leading dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons
- Liaison with global Medical direction team on scientific communication and publication
- M.D./Ph.D. degree or equivalent in dermatology or relevant clinical medicine field, with a minimum 5 years of industrial experience. At least 2 years of hands-on experience managing medical aesthetics projects; Previous medical practice and board certification is a plus.
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to influence decision.
- Strong project management, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Autonomous with high level of drive and energy
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of skin biology and skin care, tissue engineering, medical procedures, and devices
- Strong track record on scientific publication
- Available for travel (~10-20%), both domestic and international
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.