For L'Oréal, beauty is above all a scientific adventure…
This conviction is reflected in the central role of its Research & Innovation (R&I), which deploys its teams around the world to imagine and create the products of tomorrow. The Research and Innovation teams, whose number has increased eight-fold in 20 years, constantly strive to be at the forefront of scientific advances, working in collaboration with the world's leading experts in each field. The results of their work are subject each year to several hundred patent applications and give rise to thousands of formulas. Research and Innovation is today more than 3,800 researchers in thirty disciplines, from basic to applied research, through product development.
What we’ll do together…
As a Product Performance Manager for our Research & Innovation team in the US, your key mission is to strategize, build & lead the project ambition and performance evaluation activities for our Beauty Device and Digital Beauty projects/programs led in the US. You’ll integrate cross functional programs to deliver strong performance insights in the areas of consumer, instrumental, sensory and clinical research. You’ll lead communication of key project performance results…Developing products that our consumers will be obsessed with!
What your day will look like…
- Provide strategic partnership to the L’Oreal Beauty Devices and Tech Incubator teams to shape strategy and project ambition
- Define and lead the evaluation plan for US-based projects and contribute to evaluation architecture work
- Partner project leaders to define project briefs, product performance pyramids, consumer targets and key competition for key technology projects
- Propose robust evaluation plan to provide strong body of evidence for product performance in collaboration with labs, Innovation Direction/Consumer Market Insights, cross functional PPE expertise teams and worldwide Category Performance Leader (CPL)/Project Performance Manager (PPM) network
- Maximize technology potential by building a worldwide evaluation plan working closely with Category Performance Leader (CPL)/PPM network
- Synthesize and communicate key project performance as representative for Product Performance Evaluation (PPE) at top management and international meetings
- Continuously build device and tech category/product knowledge
What you’ll need…
- Bachelors with 7 - 10 years of relevant working experience or Masters with 5+ years of relevant working experience in a strategic function
- Strong collaborator and team builder with a cross-discipline team
- Experience working in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Deliver clear insights through analyzing multiple/complex data sets
Key skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred areas of study include a combination of technical (Engineering, Software, Social Sciences) and business (Business Management, Marketing, Communications)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Strong diplomacy, influencing and leadership skills
- An understanding of how to excite and motivate across multi-discipline, mostly importantly, with labs
- Strong communication and analytical skills a must
- Ability to create aesthetic & succinct PowerPoint presentations summarizing project learnings, status and next steps
- Knowledge of innovation development, market and consumer insights, sensory & instrumental protocols
- Knowledge and passion in beauty, cosmetics, devices, and digital technology an advantage
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in social media analytics, user experience, design thinking, visual and motion communication
- The ability to think globally is essential
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.