For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Be apart of the PPE organization (Product Performance Evaluation), a PPM (Product Performance Manager) is a strategic partner to the Skin Metiers (Labs), influencing project ambition and shaping category strategy.
- Propose robust product evaluation plans; providing a strong body of evidence for product performance across 3 PPE Sciences (Consumer, Sensory/Expert, Instrumental/Clinical/Claims); while working in collaboration with labs, innovation direction/consumer market insights, and worldwide Category Performance Leader (CPL)/the Skin Project Performance Manager (PPM) network
- Help brands successfully translate product innovations into launch plans. Co-develop product testing methods and study designs with brands to streamline development and marketing/communication for launch
- Embody the USER VOICE within Domain cross-functional core teams, identifying the consumer relevance of key strategic projects across different markets and targets
- Synthesize data and results between sciences (consumer, sensory/expert, instrumental /clinical/claims) to create product insights and performance rationale
- Partner with project leaders to define project briefs, product performance pyramids, consumer targets and key competition for key skin projects
- Maximize product technology potential by building a worldwide evaluation plan working closely with Skin Category Performance Leaders (CPL)/ Skin PPM network
- Synthesize and communicate key project performance as representative for PPE at top management and global meetings
- Continuously build skin category/product knowledge and product performance dossiers (evaluation strategy and performance summary)
- Drive clarity & alignment globally on:
- Project objectives linked with Domain stake/battle
- Product performance and consumer targets
- Countries of testing/benchmarks
- Lead strategic Product Performance Evaluation topics:
- Identify method development gaps linked to your projects / domain roadmap
- Harmonization of methods and protocols globally related to the category
- Global need gap analysis by consumer end-benefit (state of art products and formulas)
- Global product/category competitivity snapshot
- Technical (Consumer, Sensory/Expert, Instrumental/Clinical/Claims) characterization of category
- Create and present PPE data to project stakeholders and at strategic leadership meetings
- Enforce PPE interface/project mode by stay well-integrated with the business (CMI and brands) throughout testing and transfer of projects for launch to ensure alignment on product performance
- Align with Domain/Global PPM on project direction and local evaluation plan for global projects. Coordinates with local PPE science expertise teams and create abbreviated dossier with relevant project performance cards.
- 5-7+ years of research experience in product evaluation, innovation, or development
- BS or Master's or PhD in Psychology or Market Research or science related field
- Experience developing strategic creation; storytelling and presenting in a way that is inspiring, clear and persuasive.
- Proven ability to drive organizational alignment and influence stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills; intellectually curious
- Demonstrated history of leadership, guiding cross-functional teams
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, breaking down challenges and setting direction
- Flexibility to work on multiple US and GLOBAL projects, with a deadline-driven deliverable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, self-guided with strong strategic vision
- Highly collaborative within your work
- Confident engaging with and presenting to senior executives
- Able to translate consumer, clinical and sensory insights into actionable recommendations to drive product development and exceptional consumer satisfaction
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis and will not require sponsorship for now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.