Production Supervisor (3rd Shift)
This is a 3rd shift position - 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Responsible for leading and coaching a team of 8-15 packaging operators to ensure the daily operational needs are achieved to meet production schedules. Accountable for the execution of production plan is fully aligned with our Quality, Safety, Environment and Performance standards. Lead and implement continuous improvement projects in processes, procedures, equipment and team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides team leadership to execute daily production and shift decisions. Responsible for daily management fundamentals to include organization of team meetings, creation and development of action plans to improve key performance indicators, setting priorities and presentation of results.
- Actively participates in the recruitment of talent for department/plant. Sets clear goals, coaches, conducts performance reviews and counsels employees Provide employee development through coaching of both technical and professional competencies for team through proper training in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation of production floor
- Lead Autonomous Maintenance (AM) implementation and routines
- Lead Root Cause Analyses autonomously individually and with teams
- Member of ERT to respond to emergency situations. Responsible for coordinating response to emergency situations ie hazardous spills, power outages, medical emergencies, critical maintenance response, etc.
- Report safety and quality incidents and lead investigations (root cause analysis) to understand why and correct.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects and projects to eliminate losses and improve manufacturing operations. Train and assist all personnel in skills and procedures that enable maximizing the efficient conduct of manufacturing operations.
- Ensure “Good Manufacturing Practices” (G.M.P.) Implementation of continuous improvement and/or optimization projects including; 5S, TPM, SMED, Line optimization, Waste reduction etc.
- Manage, support and report labor. Manage production plan, line coverage, and vacation time for your crew.
- Make decisions on temporary labor support. Maintain appropriate records and complete computerized labor system to reconcile reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure inventory management of zones; organize and improve material flow to eliminate losses and improve production efficiencies.
- Communicate clearly across all levels, shifts, departments and external to plant to ensure information is shared in regards to overall production, safety and quality.
- Manage and implement all L’Oreal policies and procedures including but not limited to, the Corporation’s Equal Employment Policy, safety and health procedures, etc.
- Implementation and participation of the identified best practices.
- Report daily and monthly performance results.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline, supply chain, or similar field strong desired. A minimum of high school diploma/equivalent required
- 5 years manufacturing experience with exposure to supervising/leading teams, preferably in a Consumer Goods industry.
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement tools (i.e. TPM, Lean, and/or Six Sigma) is preferred
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Judgment and Decision Making
· Ability to make autonomous decisions without cell managers, escalates effectively, and understands how decisions impact business.
- Acts/leads with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to the “métier” of L’Oreal
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Manages complexity
- Interacts effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.