Supervise a category, business, innovation or performance team, in line with the Group’s purchasing strategies and policies.
- Analyses business needs and challenges demand: Provide the most valuable solution under challenging conditions. Propose optimum solutions: rationalized needs and cost of resources based on VA methodology.
- Defines purchasing strategy: define the best suited supplier portfolio (for a division or a category). Develop Market intelligence tool on categories. Drive changes in the market structure. Input, build and/or challenge category strategies.
- Optimizes costs: Challenge the cost model. Identify value creation opportunities by using the value chain approach, the supplier ideas and internal resources. Develop and implement TCO initiatives. Valorize breakthrough ideas.
- Anticipates business activity and acts proactively: Input business needs or build the category strategy. Animate the network, lead best practices and drive advocacy. Ensure competitiveness and that the strategy is implemented successfully.
- Maximizes Supplier Relationship: Challenge, improve or develop a long term vision of the supplier portfolio strategy. Conduct improvement projects with strategic suppliers. Identify the suppliers bringing innovation.
- Creates value and innovates: Lead strategic projects, onboard and influence people on projects. Propose and implement breakthrough options to increase performance. Adapt communication to stakeholders. Ensure change management is embedded in execution plan
- Negotiates with integrity: Manage complex negotiations. Deal with difficult people and situations (conflicts, dispute,…)
- Operates according to internal control principles and legal rules: Negotiate complex contracts or commercial agreements (high stakes or multi division/region/domain). Manage contracts non-compliance and handle potential crisis.
- Evaluates and manages risks: Manage risk exposure, anticipate operational risks, and implement action plans to mitigate the risks.
- Manages Performance and efficiency: Build cost forecasts. Validate budget assumptions with decisional stakeholders. Ensure reliable PPV, propose corrective action plans, new projects. Monitor purchasing performance. Formulate functional improvements for processes and tools. Master L'Oréal accountancy rules, analyze the supplier P&L. Challenge Financial and logistics managers when purchasing is impacted by other functions.
- Supports and manages stakeholders’ relationships: Animate network at Regional Level. Communicate / manage projects /share suppliers information with stakeholders, and influence stakeholders.
- Category Management : Consolidate the needs ; understand the supplier market ; build the vendor strategy, the action plan and the cost plan;
- Sourcing - Vendor Recruitment: Identify, qualify and select new suppliers in accordance with the vendor strategy or new identified needs;
- Bidding/Tender Process / Annual negotiations: Carry out bidding process (RFQ) with suppliers ; spend with no annual ; long-term contract ;
- People Management
- Experience and Soft skills”
- At least 7+ years of working experience in Procurement industry
- Strong knowledge of marketing category
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively to multiple global stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.