The Quality Engineer is responsible for the support of the Unit of Production (UP), quality validation for packaging lines, mitigation of quality risks for new products and adherence of packaging specifications for finished goods. Work with the UP-Production management and others as necessary. Assist UP in continuous improvement of manufacturing operations using problem solving tools and through component and finished goods inspection. Responsible for ensuring that suppliers and manufacturers (internal and external) of packaging components and finished goods provide the specified quality in accordance with the accepted L’Oréal methods and standards. The QE will identify and resolve quality related problems or issues that arise in process, systems, methods or procedures used to produce these components, WIP, or finished goods.
.Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science in Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to perform various technical operations, automated equipment and PC skills in the department and in the plant.
- Strong English verbal and written skills, French a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistics are essential in completing the job requirements of this position.
- Engineering approach to problem solving and strong training skills.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs) and MS Office Software
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt required. Black Belt is preferred
General Job Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the listing below:
- Use of Quality Charts, control methods and standards (including the use of gages, instruments, personal computers and SPC tools) to determine cause and effect in quality problem solving;
- Know, understand, and implement L’Oréal rules;
- Knowledgeable of the L’Oreal Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, area work instructions, and test methods.
- Responsible for enduring testing performed by personnel is in compliance with L’Oreal DGO methods.
- Involved in the design of new packaging equipment and packaging components and their effect on quality.
- Troubleshoots non-conformance in components, bulk and finished goods proposes solutions.
- Good knowledge of ISO and GMP requirements;
- Ensure DGO /GMP compliance of UP by performing routine audits.
- Interface between UP and provides input regarding corrective actions.
- Perform Line validations.
- Work with the UP to resolve production related issues.
- Responsible for taking part in Quality Risk Assessments (QRAs).
- Understand the urgency of the business, and is able to serve the UP in a timely manner.
- Performs any other duties as directed.
- Actively engaged in the safety initiatives of the plant (MESUR, SIOs, etc.)
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed;
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hairnets, gloves and steel-toed shoes
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.