Quality Process Engineer
North Little Rock, AR
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oréal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead an example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the support of the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the control testing of formula, WIP, and finished goods. Work with the UP Production management and others as necessary. Assist UP in continuous improvement of manufacturing operations using problem solving tools and through formula and process inspection. Responsible for ensuring that suppliers and manufacturers (internal and external) of bulk and WIPs provide the specified quality in accordance with the accepted L’Oréal methods and standards. The PE will identify and resolve quality related problems or issues that arise in process, systems, methods or procedures used to produce these formulas, WIP, or finished goods.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the listing below:
- Use of Quality Charts, control methods and standards (including the use of gages, instruments, personal computers and SPC tools) to determine cause and effect in quality problem solving;
- Know, understand, and implement L’Oréal rules;
- Knowledgeable of the Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, area work instructions, and test methods;
- Responsible for enduring testing performed by personnel is in compliance with DGO methods;
- Responsible for writing documents related to the Laboratory functions (work instructions, forms, etc.);
- Involved in the purchase and implementation of new lab equipment and their effect on quality;
- Troubleshoots non-conformance in components, bulk and finished goods proposes solutions;
- Good knowledge of ISO and GMP requirements;
- Ensure DGO/GMP compliance of UP by performing routine audits.
- Manages non-conformance/blocked lots of AC, PF, WIP, and Bulk;
- Interface between UP and provides input regarding corrective actions;
- Work to improve flow and efficiency of the laboratory;
- Perform Line validations;
- Manage OTC paperwork and investigation;
- Work with the UP to resolve production related issues;
- Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
- Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
- Issues rejects on non-conforming lots;
- Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
- Interact closely with processing/production on daily production needs;
- Has the ability to perform varying functions (components, bulk, finished goods, etc.) of the lab;
- Understand the urgency of the business, and is able to serve the UP in a timely manner;
- Uphold the values of the Compass;
- Performs any other duties as directed.
- Actively engaged in the safety initiatives of the plant (MESURE, etc.)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science in Engineering required. Chemical Engineering strongly preferred ;
- Ability to learn statistical processes and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ability to perform various technical operations, automated equipment and PC skills in the department and in the plant;
- Strong English verbal and written skills, French a plus;
- Basic math and statistics;
- Engineering approach to problem solving and strong training skills.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oréal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oréal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.